2012 Sportsman 500 HO

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy has been looking for a quad in the $5-6000 range. first quad. he isnt hardcore at all. just wants something to cruise around on, throw on a back seat for his ol lady.

been telling him to look for a honda/yammie but he blind sided me with a price yesterday. $5700.00 OTD LOCALLY for a new 500HO. i initially told him to stick to honda and yammie due to the fact he wants to keep it for years on end and it will be modestly used.

BUT...with that pricing...and warranty...how the hell can you say no to a new Polaris 500ho! he is taking one.

good on them for a decent entry level quad with a great price. this may not be news for many of ya, but it was to me. last time i looked at new quads...2-3 years ago. the 500 ho was $6500 +taxes.

actually since he informed of this price...looked into quad pricing again. with the exception of can-am...prices seem to have dropped some in the last couple years. sxs's sure are kicking ass eh?!

2skis

Reaction score
Yep pretty hard to pass that price up for and ATV. And if he aint hardcore that Polaris will last him just as long as any other!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 500 ho Polaris motor is one of the best motors put in an atv. I just bought a 2012 500 Polaris ranger and love it! Has good power super easy on gas and there is no stoping it in the mud and skeg.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
super wicked eh!! I know.. It's kind of funny.. peeps come in wanting to trade in or consign their say 04 05 atvs.. wanting close to 5000 for them... when we show them the price of Brand new otd.... the reaction is pretty much always the same...

@#%@%!#%@%!#% holy %#%#%%$#%$#@$!@ wow have prices come down #%#$#^#$# lol

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new 500 H.O 's are carbed (since they came out with the 550) not the end of the world just sayin

H2O

Reaction score
Yes they are carbed not fuel injected like back in 09 and 10 also they have no EBC or no ADC. They changed them in 2011 to a "value series" quad that is why they are cheaper now. Still a good price.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep them out of the mud, unless you do a rad relocate. Experience talking!

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what??? really?? holy ch!t. great deal man! congrats on that!

Top Bottom