2012 Specs for PROCLIMB m1100 turbos

mdwils

Reaction score
As well as ZERO warranty I was told.

I'm wondering if thats a rumor, has anybody actually bought new out of the US and been denied a claim in Canada, I mean it's still a Cat product right? If you took a trip to the states on your Canadian bought sled or vice versa and had trouble would they tell you to F off? Prob not.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as the weight for the new cats go you cannot go by the sweden brochure because, there different sleds than the north american sleds due to emmisions laws, there are no weights as of yet because the new sleds are still in the prototype phase and the real production sled has not been released as of yet.

Final specs on a few parts have not been completed. Final weights could be loweer than the Swedish publication.

Looking better all the time.

stadler

Reaction score
ya thats not that cat voids ur warranty. my bro bought a quad and brought in canada none off the dealers wanted to warranty it cuz he didnt buy it from them.. its just dealers done want to f around with stuff u didnt buy from them.. and ur just gst will about two grand...

Shanerd

Reaction score
Thought this was interesting...SNOWWEST thread report off one of their threads....it's going to be a good year...next....:d :beer: :d

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennRMK
So what would you compare the handling to?

[]

Or closer to the PRO (which feels a lot like an M to me) other then the narrower panels?

Or is it more stable like the XP (gulp)?

Do the narrower panels like the PROs make this an easier machine to sidehill?

Is it as flickable as the M or PRO?

Is there a sway bar?

B]Quotes from fourthmeal and Mini listed in post "2012 Arctic Cats released - M800 & M1100 Turbo Photos" [/B

fourthmealUhh, ok. Here's the quick answers.

Is more like an M with a good set of aggressive skis? No, it's nothing like an M Series. Remember when the M7 came out in '05 and how it felt to get back on a King Cat 1M chassis? That's how the ProClimb makes the M Series feel now.

Or closer to the PRO (which feels a lot like an M to me) other then the narrower panels? I would say it's closer to the Pro than it is to the M Series. You ride the front end of the sled more like you do on a Pro, if that makes any sense. It doesn't feel as instantly light and tippy like an M Series, but more driveable... like a Pro.

Or is it more stable like the XP (gulp)? No. It's more stable, but not like an XP. However, you have to realize the horizontal steering system is mostly what makes an XP feel like an XP. So if you are talking the base model M800 which has the same horizontal steering system as the trail version, it will react that way. The M800 Sno Pro's vertical steering post gives it a rider-forward feel at the controls without feeling "stable."

Do the narrower panels like the PROs make this an easier machine to sidehill? It's not a ton narrower. But it does hold an aggressive sidehill. I haven't had a chance to have the ProClimb M800 and a M8 on the snow simultaneously, but I can go back and forth between a Pro and the M800 and take the same line choices through the trees.

Is it as flickable as the M or PRO? Ask Burandt.

Is there a sway bar? No.

Mini have had seat time on the 2012's as well. Ryan is correct in his answers. The 2012 lineup feels nothing like the current M series. The engineering and design of the new models has maintained and exceeded Arctic Cat's known predicability and performance reputation to any sled yet. All the models have a light and very nimble feel due to correct geometry design. When riding on pivot there is no other sled to date that is plusher or more docile in tight technical terrain.I was not only able to ride the 800 comfortably but the 1100 turbo at a 130lbs and 5'6". In the past the rider forward design was complimented more by a taller and larger body mass rider. I believe Arctic Cat has finally overcome this issue to eliminated this stigma. In addition to all riders let me point out this new chassis for the smaller rider or a female rider will be a perfect fit.

MiniThe pro climb series is a step above current products available as to its refined geometry. This refinement includes addressing and the correction of past steering design issues for this type of application and set up. This was required to pull the rider forward design all together.As a result it allows those smaller riders with less extension and upper body strength to enjoy this chassis. The Arctic Cat 800 is a great sled for any level of rider.

MiniMy conclusion so far is basically the same as the 800. Except my handle bar placement is tilted back from how the 800 handlebar and control placement is. This allows the slightly different design to give correct rider geometry and balance of arm and foot placement. I will be on the 1100 turbo next season as it is my personal choice for my own riding preference and skill. The power delivery is very smooth & very tree rider friendly. It fully has the freightrain characteristics when full throttle is applied. This sled will truly will change how riders receive a 4 stroke for tight technical mountain riding. It can not be compared to what is already avaiable on the market as it is a whole new animal.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
u'll pay that 2Gs of tax at the border if ur canadian and taking it to canada..

You pay the tax here too! So it really makes no difference and it's US made so there is no duty on it. You are still 2 grand ahead!

mdwils

Reaction score
ya thats not that cat voids ur warranty. my bro bought a quad and brought in canada none off the dealers wanted to warranty it cuz he didnt buy it from them.. its just dealers done want to f around with stuff u didnt buy from them.. and ur just gst will about two grand...

If you pay $2000 in GST, you bought an Arctic Cat snowmobile for, I'm going to say it slow, FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS...
If you buy a sled from the states for, oh lets say $14 000 instead of $17 000 you will pay $700 GST at the border because $14 000 is on your bill of sale.
$200 RIV fee payable at the border of your choice=
$14 900
$15 600 if you decide to plate it in Sask cuz you pay the PST.
IF I am totally on glue, I apologize in advance. This is what I went through bringing back pickups,plus they needed a safety, which sleds don't, just a quick RIV inspection at your friendly Canadian Tire.

Bicknell1545

Reaction score
300 kgs my sled says on the side. Times by 2.2 gives u pounds. 1100 turbo Proclimb

Last edited:
Top Bottom