2012 rave

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer just called to have me bring in my 2012's to do some warranty work on the RAVE. This is probably what was causing the engine cutting out at WOT. If your dealer doesn't get in touch with you you should call them before they get any busier.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there was a re-route last year on one of the hoses that was melting do to its proximity to the exhaust. It would cause the rave's to do funny things.

Maybe snopro could get some info for everyone from bossweb.

Last edited:

Manatee

Reaction score
The recall is the piston in the rave coming loose. What they are going to is pull the rave covers off, pull the rave pistons, put some 243 on it and re-install.
You could probably do it yourself in the time it takes to put the sled on the trailer.

However, there is also some ECU stuff that apparently goes with it, so you do have to take it into the dealer for that.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah mines at the dealer right now and they said it's requires a ECU upadate and to loc tite the nuts on the rave pistons

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had my sled at Martin yesterday. Did the rave update and he checked for others nothing else came up. I get home late and in the mail is a letter for another recall on the sled. One of the sensors but don't remember which one

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had my sled at Martin yesterday. Did the rave update and he checked for others nothing else came up. I get home late and in the mail is a letter for another recall on the sled. One of the sensors but don't remember which one

thats not a recall, that is an extended warranty letter for the pipe sensor.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah mines at the dealer right now and they said it's requires a ECU upadate and to loc tite the nuts on the rave pistons

Is there documentation this? My dealer has went through staffing changes and now everything is a battle. They seem to know nothing about a reflash and rave update. I'll haul it to martin south if I have to just wondering why the general populous knows about it and they're oblivious......probably just made another 14 snowcheck T.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there documentation this? My dealer has went through staffing changes and now everything is a battle. They seem to know nothing about a reflash and rave update. I'll haul it to martin south if I have to just wondering why the general populous knows about it and they're oblivious......probably just made another 14 snowcheck T.

It should be available to them on the dealers access to bossweb. The general public doesn't get it.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, just called Martin West and my sled also requires the update, wont have it done until the 28th, so better get on the waiting list gents!

Top Bottom