2012 kitty weights

Slammer85

Reaction score
I had trouble getting on to cats site last night so I finally gave up. This morning I got on and was intrested in weights but they show nothing!! Anybody have a clue what the 800 and 1100 weigh?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had trouble getting on to cats site last night so I finally gave up. This morning I got on and was intrested in weights but they show nothing!! Anybody have a clue what the 800 and 1100 weigh?

If there's no weight on the site, I'm guessing that either they haven't weighed them, or they still weigh more than doo. IMO.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think Cat's ever been one to publish their weights. At least in recent years you haven't been able to find them on their website.

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
They havent posted weights yet because these are not production sleds if they posted the weight of the prototype sled then the prodcution sled was off everyone would be jumping them for false weights.

even if it is 545 my M1000 stock weighed around 515-520 and if you can crank the 1100T up to almost 300 hp and still weigh less than a Yamaha thats good news to me.

Cat did not make the 1100 to compete in the lightweight 2-stroke class they made it to take over the heavy 1000 and to go up against the Yamaha

powerclaw

Reaction score
im with you on that, and im thinking that some doo riders will be giving the new cats some serious consideration.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
you think they might confuse them for an xp? lol...

Except these are pretty sexy looking! From what I have heard the production 1100 T will weigh in at pretty much exactly where the M1000 was. Still a lot lighter than a Yammy and like earlier posted with a boost controller and 300HP count me in!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A boosted yamaha will go for 1000s of km and only have minor hiccups. Can this new cat do the same? Guess time will tell.

The 1100 is not a new motor. They have had it out for a couple years now it was called the Z1, i also beleive that it has come from the factory with at turbo the last two years in a 121 or 136 track length option. So they got lots of miles on these motors already.

There has been three motors go i beleive this year on turbo yammies in this area. I think some of it was due to guys not running proper fuel for boost level but the crappy thing is if a motor goes on a yammy that aint no cheap repair bill. A buddy toasted his nytro motor and needed pretty much a whole new motor, well that sucked 9G out of his pocket.

Last edited:

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1100 is not a new motor. They have had it out for a couple years now it was called the Z1, i also beleive that it has come from the factory with at turbo the last two years in a 121 or 136 track length option. So they got lots of miles on these motors already.

There has been three motors go i beleive this year on turbo yammies in this area. I think some of it was due to guys not running proper fuel for boost level but the crappy thing is if a motor goes on a yammy that aint no cheap repair bill. A buddy toasted his nytro motor and needed pretty much a whole new motor, well that sucked 9G out of his pocket.

Some guys could f-up an anvil in a sandbox. Just sayin'....

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Grandfather has an 1100 and he has over 3500 miles on his Z1 with no problems what so ever

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there's no weight on the site, I'm guessing that either they haven't weighed them, or they still weigh more than doo. IMO.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last time I checked an 11 m8 HO ready to ride is within 5 lbs of a 11 summit 800 etec ready to ride, so how much weight really did they need to lose?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i do gotta say.. if mine is in reference to this a lil bit.. i have over 9000km on my boosted sled. and was always ran hard.. but i dont think its a motor.. just a fuel pump.. :d its still in mcbride tho:realmad:

Top Bottom