Any plumbers on the site?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I turned down the water pressure this past winter as I thought it was too high. But now that I am watering outside we feel it's too low so yesterday afternoon I played with the valve and got the pressure up a bit. When i did adjust it yesterday I checked 3-4 taps and they all seemed good but last night when I turned on the bath tub taps I noticed the pressure was alot more so I checked a few other taps and same thing. Is it possible that the city water pressure going up and down depending on the time of day and usage from other users? I know I should get a water tap guage to see what I actually is at.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I turned down the water pressure this past winter as I thought it was too high. But now that I am watering outside we feel it's too low so yesterday afternoon I played with the valve and got the pressure up a bit. When i did adjust it yesterday I checked 3-4 taps and they all seemed good but last night when I turned on the bath tub taps I noticed the pressure was alot more so I checked a few other taps and same thing. Is it possible that the city water pressure going up and down depending on the time of day and usage from other users? I know I should get a water tap guage to see what I actually is at.
Did you clean the strainers on each tap, some could be plugged giving less pressure.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you clean the strainers on each tap, some could be plugged giving less pressure.
I did not clean them but I last night I checked the same taps that I had checked in the afternoon and there certainly is more pressure last night

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im no plumber, but i notice pressure fluctuates in towns.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a pressure regulator on your system then unless the city water drops below that you should not notice any change.. From past experience adjusting a city regulator a small adjustment can drastically increase your pressure. I would suggest a pressure gauge and put it on one of your outside taps you do not want more than 60psi, in my area they are usually set around the 40-45psi mark..

Top Bottom