2012 clutch slipping

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of demoing a 2012 800pro 163 for the past two and half weeks and during our last storm(metre of fresh) I noticed the clutches slipping. Looking in the footwell you can see the belt and secondary clutch is an inch or two from the open footwell and easily exposed to snow when its over the hood conditions. Kinda bad design I think I would try and screen that off somehow. Jus my two cents:twocents:
Anyone else experience this?

Other than that I loved it.:D

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a guy on snowest that goes by Mike Taylor that makes some covers that go in the footwell area. Have them on my pro and have had no issues with the belt slipping. Also don't get snow build up in that area.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a guy on snowest that goes by Mike Taylor that makes some covers that go in the footwell area. Have them on my pro and have had no issues with the belt slipping. Also don't get snow build up in that area.

Yup. Absolute must have on the clutch side on these things.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you not get snow build up there when your doing downhills in 3ft of fresh all day. oh ya it was -15 blower pow too
I guess its not so much build up as just so deep it filled everything.

Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you not get snow build up there when your doing downhills in 3ft of fresh all day. oh ya it was -15 blower pow too
I guess its not so much build up as just so deep it filled everything.

With the combination of the covers and the better boards there is no raw aluminum for the snow to stick to. Most of it falls right through the holes in the boards. the rest melts with the heat from clutches and exhaust.

Top Bottom