2012 Arctic cat snowmobiles

Mac Daddy

Reaction score
Anyone see any actual pictures of the 2012 sleds. OR information on release dates..

A lot of cat guys anxious for next years model. I wonder why. Probably rode against a e-tec and see there is no comaprison. Thinking cat will come out with a direct injection or something to keep up with new skidoo.GOOD LUCK
LOOKS LIKE CAT IS ON ITS WAY OUT.HAHA:d

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of cat guys anxious for next years model. I wonder why. Probably rode against a e-tec and see there is no comaprison. Thinking cat will come out with a direct injection or something to keep up with new skidoo.GOOD LUCK

I was told since the Etec was so superior that there will not be a 2012 Cat. the A/C engineers just cant even come close. I know this to be true cause I was told by a reliable Ski Doo source. Oh sorry my mistake reliable and Ski Doo should not be used in the same sentence.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealer meeting is march 8 in nashville,,, do nt put too much into the pics..it could be something there testing for 3 yr s down the road, or could be something that they dont build.... thats why there PROTO TYPES.... be patient....they will come

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told since the Etec was so superior that there will not be a 2012 Cat. the A/C engineers just cant even come close. I know this to be true cause I was told by a reliable Ski Doo source. Oh sorry my mistake reliable and Ski Doo should not be used in the same sentence.

that was the lamest thing ive heard today....actually this year...nope...in my life.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't know... there is no doubt the e-tec is a pretty cool piece of engineering (Thanks Evinrude) but the Cat Motor is still strong and reliable. Sure it drinks more gas and shakes more at idle but I would keep that if I was allowed to. It' ALL rider these days. Too bad the old cat 800 will be shelved but I'm sure they will have something decent to replace it with, even it it takes a year to work out the bugs.

Cat probably cant afford to buy some company and use their technology so lets hope suzuki can meet the call.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have pictured great things for the chassis change in 2012, as for keeping up with the etec the 800 h.o. will ride with the etec all day, really guys were not here for fuel mileage, its about big pulls not saving 10 dollars a day, i will continue to buy arctic cats even if they dont change chassis because they work unreal in the mountain, and have made a bullet proof engine and great customer support

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why does cat do this to us every year? Skidoo already has their line out for all to see, while us arctic cat fans sit and wait! You would think cat would maybe try to get their ch!t together a bit faster and have an early release. I heard they are still doing some last minute tweaking!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why does cat do this to us every year? Skidoo already has their line out for all to see, while us arctic cat fans sit and wait! You would think cat would maybe try to get their ch!t together a bit faster and have an early release. I heard they are still doing some last minute tweaking!

Exactly, the last minute tweeking will lessen the amount of breakdowns when they hit the market. I bet Polaris wished they tweeked that 800 they put out in the last few years a little more and so did a lot of their customers.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the release was 8:00 tonight the 8th and as always arctic cat impresses, with a 1100 stock turbo with 177 hp in a m chassis, a always unreal 800 in m chasiss, for all those doubtfull on the continuation of arctic cat they come out with something new that will still blow the doors off the new efficient sleds, now lets just see them m s on the snow my order will be in as soon as possible

Top Bottom