2011 rmk pro specs

ralpher

Reaction score
Introducing the 2011 Polaris RMK® - the lightest, most durable RMK ever built. Purpose-built for riders tired of trail sleds with long tunnels. Designed aggressively lighter but built structurally stronger in all the right places - weight reduced only where weight doesn’t matter. Centralized mass for precise control and an easier ride. RMK Coil-Over Rear Suspension for better bump control and nimble balance. We made it light, we made it simple, we made it work - so you can ride harder, longer, and ride again tomorrow. We set out to build the best RMK ever - the end result was 431 lbs. of Rocky Mountain Terrain Domination.
Engine Type/Cooling Liberty / Liquid Cylinders-Displacement (cc) 2-795 Bore x Stroke (mm) 85 x 70 Ignition Digital CDI w/ TPS, WTS, DET Exhaust SC VES, Single Fuel System Cleanfire Injection Disc Brake Type RMK Lightweight Cyclone Drive/Driven Clutch P-85 /Team LWT
Steering Pro Taper Electric Start Option / Accessory Reverse PERC Speedometer Digital MFD Tachometer Digital MFD Fuel Gauge Type Mechanical Temp/Low Oil Light Digital MFD 12v-DC Outlet Accessory Handlebar Hooks Standard Hand & Thumb Warmers Std. Adjustable Heated Passenger Grips N/A Mirrors Accessory Seat Type RMK Freestyle Rear Rack / Tow Hitch Accessory Windshield RMK Mid, Matte Blk Color / Graphics Gloss Red / Black - Pro RMK
Front Suspension PRO-RIDE RMK Adjustable Front Travel (in./cm.) 9 / 22.9 Front Shocks Walker Evans Ski Type Gripper Rear Suspension RMK Coil-Over Rear Travel (in./cm.) 16 / 40.6 Front Track Shock Walker Evans Rear Track Shock Walker Evans Track Width/Length/Height (in.) 15 x 155 x 2.4 Series 5.1
Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg) 431 / 195.5 Overall Length (in./cm.) 129 / 327.7 Overall Width (in./cm.) 46.5 / 118.1 Overall Height (in./cm.) 51 / 129.5 Ski Center Distance (in./cm.) 39 - 40 - 41 / 99.1 - 101.6 - 104.1 Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters) 11.5 / 43.5

deanaucoin

Reaction score
No kidding...just got the email, and yep, 431pounds...then it says 'estimated' so what is this real or just hope LOL

thought it was funny

All snowmobile weights are estimated no matter which brand it may be,
and its dry weight,So all fluids;gas and coolant adds weight.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks frickin COOL. Never been a polaris fan, but I like the looks of this thing, be interesting to see how she performs on the hill, sure seems like polaris is listening to consumer. He() of a lot more than I can say than for Yamaha.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thirty reflashes, a couple of cylinders later and your good to go

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like the RMK has the front rad like the Rush. I agree it would have been stupid if it did.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they would have put the rush radiator on it would not have made a difference. At the polaris booth at Haydays they invited us to kick the crap out of it and it was solid, would take one hell of a hit to do damage to it. You would have wrecked a lot more before damaging that cooler.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A light ghost ride down into the trees would smash that cooler and there would be no chance of being able to limp it out. Thank god they did'nt put the cooler up front. Nice sled

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A light ghost ride? Check out the testing Polaris has done to that cooler before saying that is a weak point. It is not your typical Cooler you are use too, if the sled got to the point you damaged this thing it would be unrideable even in a limp attempt. Think solid as your frame strength.

Cooler was moved elsewhere on the RMK lineup because a front cooler does nothing in a slower mountain environment and riding deep snow, they don't have the cooling properties you see when mounted in front, hence why so many people remove the front radiators on their 05-07 polaris sleds.

t-bomb

Reaction score
I agree when I first saw the rush with the heat exchanger up front I thought what a stupid spot. Then they started to smash it with a hammer and my story changed. If you hit the front of you sled hard enough to hurt that, then you have more to worry about like why the motor is in you lap. old elan style. Sled looks pretty cool but I got by 2010 polaris this year so I guess I will wait for another 5-6 years for the next style.
1987-1992 first indy (not sure on this one)
1993-1998 second indy
1999-2004 pro x
2005-2010 iq
2011-2016 rush

granted there were some other like the big bores in the 1997/1998 years

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome lookin sled!!! if its 40pds lighter it should be great to throw around. Hope the 800 mil is all figured out. Does anyone know if it has more horsepower for 2011???

MN Top Gun

Reaction score
awesome lookin sled!!! if its 40pds lighter it should be great to throw around. Hope the 800 mil is all figured out. Does anyone know if it has more horsepower for 2011???

Wondering the same thing. I think the sled looks badazz. Excited to ride one and see how it feels.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor is a less complicated 800, 2 injector setup, not sure on piston setup if one ring or two (guessing two and what rumor also said) but in the 160 range, so a little more snort.

Here's a little video that polaris put out. If ya listen closely you will hear one of the engineers say 48 lbs lighter than 2010 and I was looking in the background while he was talking, there is a silver Assault running the WE needles. Not sure what the new shocks are on the front of the standard RMK, appears to be a new design tho.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBj99LRHTA[/media]

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, thought I had it in there last night???

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBj99LRHTA&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Top Bottom