2011 M8 questions

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an 11 yesterday and tomorrow I will be pickin it up and have a few questions. I have a jaws can from an 09 to install on it, the frog skins are backordered and the gas rack has been installed. Where is a good place to find sled wraps and is this something you can do yourself? Also the vent kits, are they good/bad/pointless, and which brands if they're good should a guy look at? thanks for any info:beer:

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I bought an 11 yesterday and tomorrow I will be pickin it up and have a few questions. I have a jaws can from an 09 to install on it, the frog skins are backordered and the gas rack has been installed. Where is a good place to find sled wraps and is this something you can do yourself? Also the vent kits, are they good/bad/pointless, and which brands if they're good should a guy look at? thanks for any info:beer:

Try HTR Designs in Cranbrook for wraps, they have lot's of different designs. Unless you are running a hair dryer, I don't think you need vents, but that's just my opinion.

BOOSTED

Reaction score

the can from the 2009 will not fit the 2011, completely different pipe
be careful with putting a can on your new sled, do your research, I was told if you put a can on the new motors on the 2010 and 11s you will loose HP
Talk to Dale Cutler at CPC, he has a can that equals factory HP on top end and gains 1 or 2 in the mid range

B

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why I love this site, thanks for the insight, those wraps are sweet, as for the can I will look into that, my buddies freeride summit didn't take well to a can either, I just like the sound personally as bad as that sounds, I am new to sledding pretty well so this machine is overkill stock for me anyway, bought my 1M before Christmas to see if I'd like sledding after my 10 yr layoff and got hooked so when my approval from the accountant came in to buy a new one through my business I jumped at one I could grow into. Thanks again for the comments, do you have that shops conact info by chance?:beer:

DragonSmoke

Reaction score
the can from the 2009 will not fit the 2011, completely different pipe
be careful with putting a can on your new sled, do your research, I was told if you put a can on the new motors on the 2010 and 11s you will loose HP
Talk to Dale Cutler at CPC, he has a can that equals factory HP on top end and gains 1 or 2 in the mid range

B

Yep...Different motor as well. I wouldn't put any can on that unless it was 2010/2011.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Instead of the can just order a turbo from Cutler, they're more fun and sound just as good:)

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo? You missed the part I mentioned I'm just getting into things, ;) but I do like watching the good riders show off on them, maybe when I get a liitle more experience, still only been to the mountains once:p

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be putting vents on for sure...can never have enough vents with these sleds...especially come spring riding.:d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only used the frog skin's for the hood, and the side panel vents I think they are all pretty decent.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is flashing an ECU 17 code: seems to be running fine.... I think it is a pipe temp. sensor fault?!? Is this right? What's the fix??

HCR 153

Reaction score

That 09 can won't fit you need a can for a 2010 or one off an m1000

MTsnowman

Reaction score
Website
www.stovedoctor.biz
Hey tant,
Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents - the Cutler can is awesome, great sound and awesome performance over the stock set-up. Have 250+ miles on my new '11 M8 SP LE and can't get enough! The CPC products were highly recommended by my local Cat dealer and I couldn't be happier!

Top Bottom