2011 Duramax help

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had an exhaust sensor changed and technician told me I had to drive 100km at the89 km/h limited speed to reset computer well I have drove well over that and it still won't reset I'm stuck doing 89 km h anyone know anything about this?????

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just think of how good the fuel mileage will be and you won't have to worry about getting a speeding ticket on the highway.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some times it can take a 100 km.

Take it back and get them to do a fuel quality test. Even if it times out ( which means takes too long ) if everything is right should clear the light and then u drive it 20 plus min to make sure.

That's what I had to do to a truck last week ...

It had a reductant injector bad and leaking.

This new ch!t sucks balls I tell ya.

from my HTC

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it is in speed restriction it is not the exhaust sensor it is due to a dtc in the def system which latches in the ecm and you cannot clear it, also there have been several through our shops with dtc's for incorrect def composition fo some resom the aftermarket stuff is no up to snuff and sets dtc's as well the vehicle will never reset that as it has to see an abient temp of over 9 degrees c to unlatch any dtc set and with these temps this is not going to happen so, you will have to get it to a shop, scanned and driven on the hoist inside above 50 km per hour while not enguaging the traction control so put it in 4x4 and drive untill all tests are run and you have to pay very close attention to the scan data ambeint temp reading as it is probably stuck at -20c right now

Mikehunt

Reaction score
I just had an exhaust sensor changed and technician told me I had to drive 100km at the89 km/h limited speed to reset computer well I have drove well over that and it still won't reset I'm stuck doing 89 km h anyone know anything about this?????

Take it back to the dealer they should have never let it leave like that, the light should be out and there should be no speed restiction if they fixed it. If the dealer in Olds doesnt know how to fix it bring it to Rocky and i'll fix it for you

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys got it in the shop now had to get it towed as it went into limp mode on me and wouldn't let me go over 7 kmh

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup sounds life bad def fluid. I use either the GM fluid or add Blue from Napa.I have never had an issue with bad def in 27,000kms

Top Bottom