2011 cats

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wonderin if anyone has found any pics of the new cats yet? I know the dealer meeting is at the end of the month so will be out for sure beginning of feb. I was told By a good buddy of mine who's parents have owned a cat dealer for 30+ years that there is a new M1000 H.O comin out for '11 kinda like they did with the 800 for this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wonderin if anyone has found any pics of the new cats yet? I know the dealer meeting is at the end of the month so will be out for sure beginning of feb. I was told ny a good buddy of mine who's parents have owned a cat dealer for 30+ years that there is a new M1000 H.O comin out for '11 kinda like they did with the 800 for this year.

Dang, i wish my DSM would drop a hint or two... He leaves us in the dark till the bitter end!

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wonderin if anyone has found any pics of the new cats yet? I know the dealer meeting is at the end of the month so will be out for sure beginning of feb. I was told ny a good buddy of mine who's parents have owned a cat dealer for 30+ years that there is a new M1000 H.O comin out for '11 kinda like they did with the 800 for this year.

It should'nt matter Glen, we'll still have to break trail with ours for our buddy's on their Rev's.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should'nt matter Glen, we'll still have to break trail with ours for our buddy's on their Rev's.

Hey glen!! I heard from a good source that the m1000 for 2011 will be 190 hp stock and its supposed to be sick.

Andrew

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told the same today by a very reliable source. He told me that he knows people that are ridin the prototypes right now, and yah they are one sick ride.. It's about time a manufacturer brought out a good 1000. I'm used to lettin the doo 1000's watch my taillight, but now a guy will easily be able to do that with a totally stock sled.. SWEEET!!!!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya dont you think its cheating when you cat boys go riding with 600cc Summits :d

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also heard from my US source the next yrs Cats,Polaris and doo's are all coming out with new motors... some very big changes......Going to be very very hard to add boost..........for a yr or two......some of his guys have rode the new sleds and they are still working out some bugs..........

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When do the new EPA regs come into effect? They suck I know but it usually indicates what direction the manufacturers are gonna head with their engines. My guess is a turbo 1100 M-sled and/or an updated M-Chassis, more sno pro like.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think youve been driften a little to long if you think that.

Whys that? The engine/turbo combo is already there from the Z1 Chassis. Cat would be stupid not to use it in some form as a mountain sled. A couple guys in BC stretched out the Z1 EXT and bumped up the boost, supposedly its rips pretty hard.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whys that? The engine/turbo combo is already there from the Z1 Chassis. Cat would be stupid not to use it in some form as a mountain sled. A couple guys in BC stretched out the Z1 EXT and bumped up the boost, supposedly its rips pretty hard.

Would be nice but machine has to reliable enough to warranty for two years and all brands are probably carefull not to give out to much power. May not want to be known as the factory brand that does the gene pool cleansing. Dealers may hot rod but factories may hold back on what they release. Don't see a big HP climber from the Yamie factory and they are very capable of producing it. Would be nice but not likely. :rolleyes:JS If I'm wrong I'll have no problem eating crow and stepping in line to get a 190 HP factory climber:d:d

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if cat were smart they would take that z1 turbo stretch it out to 153 or 162 and make it a mountain sled I think they would do numbers and would give something to rival the nytro and apex and with 170 hp stock and for under $5000 us you can boost that sled to up over 300 hp so way cheaper than buying a nytro or apex and turboing it like I say if there smart they will do it

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if cat were smart they would take that z1 turbo stretch it out to 153 or 162 and make it a mountain sled I think they would do numbers and would give something to rival the nytro and apex and with 170 hp stock and for under $5000 us you can boost that sled to up over 300 hp so way cheaper than buying a nytro or apex and turboing it like I say if there smart they will do it

Last time we were in McB. we saw a stock one poking fun at the hill behind the cabin.. Short track and all .. he went up and over .. so add a 153 and look out

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were 15 162 inch turbos built by factory that were available thru snowcheck. There is one for sale online somewhere. The fella down east with stand alone fuel system project is talking with AC. His system will be out soon. Watch for the video soon. Claiming 200 plus hp on totally stock engine, exhaust and all, on a stock 2010 1000. Plug and play setup. 300 plus on some makes of 800s with turbo, no tuning required.
190 hp easy with high comp head and lightened crank and better fuel map for the 1000.

g man

Reaction score
heard they are comeing out with the 4 stroker on a mountain sled this year ? anyone heard this story again for another year? but i was told for sure this year?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya there were 15 of those stretched z1's made i know a guy in montana has one for sale but throw the d&d hi jacker on it and it says it gives you around 270 hp for just over a grand that sounds good to me i hope they do build it

Top Bottom