Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
June 16, 2022 by Adam Malik

How far down new car inventories are​

Dealer-car-shopping-new-car-Depositphotos_146699015_L-1024x684.jpg

Province by province, new car dealers are well behind their typical stock levels of new vehicles, according to a report from DesRosiers Automotive Consultants.

The group partnered with the Canadian Automobile Dealers Association to gauge how big the issue is around inventory.

During normal times, most dealerships in every province would have at least 140 new vehicles in stock. When surveyed, dealers had between 10 and 30 units available.

“In Alberta, the drop from normal to current inventory levels represented more than 130 units on average,” DesRosiers’ report said. “Ontario fared marginally better, down 125 from baseline.”

Only 11.5 per cent of respondents said their situation had improved while 58 per cent said things have gotten worse. The rest (31 per cent) said the inventory situation is the same.

When asked when they think things will get better will happen, more than half (51 per cent) said it’ll be sometime in 2023. About a third (34 per cent) are hopeful that the situation will get better later this year.

The survey also found that most customers (58 per cent) are waiting four to six months to get their orders fulfilled. About one in five are waiting between one and three months (21 per cent) or more than six months (21 per cent). Very few, less than one per cent, get their order within four weeks.

Dealers told DesRosiers that the semiconductor shortage is having a major impact on inventory levels and order times.

“The new dealer community — and the market as a whole — eagerly await the end of the semiconductor shortage,” Andrew King, managing partner of DesRosiers, said in a statement. “The market is currently running more than 200,000 units below potential — a situation that will only improve when normal supply resumes.”

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
browns dodge in westlock is packed with trucks, drove through yesterday

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s a reason nobody wants most of the Stellantis group products….

My close friend drives a Jeep… what a hunk of ch!t. I4 motor with a 9speed trans, the top two gear are still brand new. She bought it thinking the mileage would be better that the v6, but I’m not sure how Jeep managed to produce numbers for hwy mileage when it can hardly pull itself in 6th or 7th gear. 🤮
She’d sell it, but even in this crazy market, its not worth what she owes….

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A jeep with a 9 speed auto and a 4 banger...

Sounds like a piece of chit and i like jeeps...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeeps are a phuckin joke. They used to be something now they all have roof top tents and kayak racks for momma to drive it to the mall. Oh jesus, and fake beadlocks. Remember kids buy lockers before lightbars.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much HD trucks around for ram, 90+% look to me 1500’s

Looks like GM has started a $500 rebate on new HD trucks, sales must slowly dropping.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeeps are a phuckin joke. They used to be something now they all have roof top tents and kayak racks for momma to drive it to the mall. Oh jesus, and fake beadlocks. Remember kids buy lockers before lightbars.
I bought a 4 door wrangler Sahara last year to pull behind my coach , worked awesome for that . Then I figured I’d sell my daily driver and just use the Jeep . Didn’t mind it around town , easy to park and small In stature , but absolutely hated it on the hiway. At speed the thing is twitchy and wiggly as hell . I drive to fast normally , but this thing really made me nervous . Kept it 8 months and she gone !
Nice tow behind , but thats about it . IMO .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, but gotta love a V8 powered jeep on 1 ton axles and 40 inch tires though, right?

Top Bottom