2011 Assault sb. fouling plugs

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Hey guys my 2011 S.B. Assault keeps fouling plugs. I take it in to my dealer and they put new plugs in and it runs fine for 40-70km. This fall we totally cleaned everything put new injectors in it and brand new fuel. i have had it in there 4 times and they keep telling me everything checks out and i am sick and tired of it. Do you guys have any suggestions. If i have to take it in and get the same answer again i will have a sled for sale.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been fighting with the same deal
i won't take it back to the dealer as they keep
saying its fine
it gives me no probs when in the mountains at high elavation
the odd burp in the parking lot though and once up the trail it's fine
All day long

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
completely stock or have you got pipes/cans etc on it?

Jake

Reaction score
Same sled, same problem. Seems to be engine temp has a bit to do with it. Plugs foul when touring around taking it easy and then hitting the throttle or when the sled is unloaded and moved before it is warmed up. Sled is stock, doesn't seem to like getting the fuel when not warmed up. Anyone else notice this?

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup its 100% the way it came outta the crate.

Not sure on your miles BUT one thing to look for is a grayish powder on the OUTSIDE of the plug when you pull the plug boot off. If you see this you are having spark/ carbon trails/tracking that can foul the plug. It is called the Corona effect( yes sounds like a funny name but thats what its called.) If you are seeing this you need to replace the boot/resistor with a tighter fitting one and use some diealectric grease to help make a better seal. The polaris boots are fairly hard and dont allow a good seal between boot and plug. Slp makes a very nice set.

Let me know how you make out
:beer:

orangemaddness

Reaction score
I am using the ngk plugs. was wondering what resistor and fuel you guys are using. Dealer thinks that fuel and proper resistor may be the problem

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on your miles BUT one thing to look for is a grayish powder on the OUTSIDE of the plug when you pull the plug boot off. If you see this you are having spark/ carbon trails/tracking that can foul the plug. It is called the Corona effect( yes sounds like a funny name but thats what its called.) If you are seeing this you need to replace the boot/resistor with a tighter fitting one and use some diealectric grease to help make a better seal. The polaris boots are fairly hard and dont allow a good seal between boot and plug. Slp makes a very nice set.

Let me know how you make out
:beer:

Try this! ^^^

i had issues fouling plugs just out of nowhere and noticed my plugs were a little bit grey on top. Switched the plug boots and put new plugs in and I haven't had to change plugs in the last 200 miles and counting

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run my fuel on non ethanol, and have never, ever fould a plug, even with premix in the tank. What fuel are you running?

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run shell gold
non ethanol plug
2011 assault with 900 miles
all stock with just a can

pulled my sled out of the shop to load for a weekend in the mountains and from revers to forward it died ,then Would Not start . Put new plugs in and 20 pulls or so and then a ruff start with a bad idle , warmed it up then wicked it open in the back yard and a couple of bogs then gone and ran and started fine for the hour ride before loading up
wtf
i just can't find the prob and have replaced both coils also

mrrch

Reaction score
Get the piston rings checked. They tend to flake or chip on the intake side (compression test will show good numbers still). We re-ringed 2 800's recently after going replacing injectors,various different sparkplugs,etc.

Top Bottom