2011 april conditons

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Renshaw Saturday, parked just past the collection shack. The trail was brutal both ways. Some small open spots up to KM 6, it was muddy just past the collection shack. People were parking about 300' before the bridge.
It snowed about 4" over night enough to cover up old tracks. We rode from Alberta hill over to the end of the Ant hills. Winebergers bowl looks like no one was in there yet this weekend. Most other areas looked like they were hit. Still alot of playing left though. Regular spring conditions.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Renshaw Saturday, parked just past the collection shack. The trail was brutal both ways. Some small open spots up to KM 6, it was muddy just past the collection shack. People were parking about 300' before the bridge.
It snowed about 4" over night enough to cover up old tracks. We rode from Alberta hill over to the end of the Ant hills. Winebergers bowl looks like no one was in there yet this weekend. Most other areas looked like they were hit. Still alot of playing left though. Regular spring conditions.

Thought i saw you unloading. we were on our way down already when you were just heading up. we found some good stuff but mostly it was punched pretty hard. we went over to lucille and went way back past the larva and there was some sick snow up there still. had a great day! my cheeks are pretty sunburnt

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So people are now driving down to the collection shack??? Only guys with decks or is there a place to turn around a trailer???

driller

Reaction score
you can turn around just before the collection shack.
we rode renshaw friday was great put on 85 klms up top went from ant hills to spirit lake and past the lake a little. made fresh tracks for about 75 klms
was a day to remember forsure. Do take caution though when it warms up there is some very large cornices that are going to come down. Just want to say thanks to all the fellow riders that stopped and offered a hand to me and my riding friends on the way out {friends suspension arm broke} the trail in probly got it started ha ha.
Driller

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So people are now driving down to the collection shack??? Only guys with decks or is there a place to turn around a trailer???

to get to the shack just follow Mountainview Road for another 1.5 km and turn right. should see the shack. a small trailer you can turn around with but it is time to leave the big ones at home.

Sled Den

Reaction score
Thinking of one last ride on the 30th ........ is Renshaw still OK?

The 30th of April? For sure is ok. I bet you could probably have a decent ride the 30th of may this year. The snow pack is the lowest down the mountain I have seen it in a long time for this time of year it's going to be a great may. You barely have to drive up to the snow with your vehicles.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
The 30th of April? For sure is ok. I bet you could probably have a decent ride the 30th of may this year. The snow pack is the lowest down the mountain I have seen it in a long time for this time of year it's going to be a great may. You barely have to drive up to the snow with your vehicles.

Can we drive up the trail a little now?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last i heard it was still snow after about 100meters past the shack. Still over a foot of snow in the "spring parking lot"

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last i heard it was still snow after about 100meters past the shack. Still over a foot of snow in the "spring parking lot"

Glen, Can we not park just past the bridge where its all cleared out? Or are the gates chained shut already?

Sled Den

Reaction score
Glen, Can we not park just past the bridge where its all cleared out? Or are the gates chained shut already?

You can't park past the bridge yet but this last weekend guys were parking close to the bridge. There is still a lot of snow on the edges of the road not much turn around space yet

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The gate isn't closed and we will be sure to keep people updated on the gate situation. I think it'll be abit yet before they close the gate as it wont get closed until the road start gettin soft.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no trailers past the shack as you will not be able to turn them around, to much snow on the sides, and yes over a foot in the 2km parking lot.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up renshaw trail yesterday. parking at the wide spot just past the collection shack. you can turn around a large trailer if nobody blocks the spot in the trees to back into. if everyone is nice about their parking should be able to put about 10-12 units in there. snow is about a 100 yards on the trail after that.
Lucille, snow is still at the edge of the parking lot.
Belle is the same as Lucille

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet headin out tomorrow night, r the rivers coming up yet, wondering if a guy should bring the riverboat for a mornin cruise before headin up sledin

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont beleive that it has been warm enough yet to get the boats out. The trees were pretty white this mornin on my way into work. I cant beleive that it is almost may and both lucielle and belle still have snow on the trail right from the parking lot on up and renshaw is only like a km up the road from the main parking lot.

Sled Den

Reaction score
Sweet headin out tomorrow night, r the rivers coming up yet, wondering if a guy should bring the riverboat for a mornin cruise before headin up sledin

Rivers are open and ready for boating low water makes for fun river boating or you can stay on the fraser it is plenty high enough to be out on

Top Bottom