2010 800 CFI dudd

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it just the 800 CFI engines that are garbage or are theyre people having problems with the 6s and 7s, im about to throw in the towel on my 800 CFI and whats funny is i have such a long problem list with my sled the dealer i bought it from wont even take the thing back in on trade for a new rmk

Last edited by a moderator:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it just the 800 CFI engines that are garbage or are theyre people having problems with the 6s and 7s, im about to throw in the towel on my 800 CFI and whats funny is i have such a long problem list with my sled the dealer i bought it from wont even take the thing back in on trade for a new rmk

Polaris, not the dealer should buy them back! and crush them! or bring back the 900 engine and retro fit them into the 08-10 sleds! lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the sound of bring the 900 back, that'd be sweet. They ate belts like no other though.. didn't they?

my 05 900 went through a belt every 1500 miles........lots of hard pulls and deep powder.......had no complaints! zero issues! bring back the 900! lol but you couldnt run the 900 in stock form to get it to work!

754bigbore

Reaction score
I put the "fix" kit in mine. never looked back. runs great and so much more power than the enemic factory pistons(polaris update)

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree with the dudd for 2010, I have a buddy that blew his 600 same day mine blew, so not sure if any of the 2010, 09, 08 motors are okay..., just put in the fix kit, we will se how long it lasts, hate the feeling of - "will it make the day"?

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i hear yea i feel that all the time, i knew my voltage regulator was going to fry eventually so i bought one and carryied it in my handle bar bag and sure neough one trip into the woods and half way through it went, haha fuckin polaris needs to get theyre ch!t together and give us our money back they can have theyre P.O.S back

Agree with the dudd for 2010, I have a buddy that blew his 600 same day mine blew, so not sure if any of the 2010, 09, 08 motors are okay..., just put in the fix kit, we will se how long it lasts, hate the feeling of - "will it make the day"?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to have engine problems, but alot of people have. I often wonder if mines gonna go. I think Polaris should dump a new and improved motor in these, like one from the pro rmk. The got a bad name after these motors and instead of fixing it they just kinda dumped all of the 800 IQ owners. Don't get me wrong I love this sled it's done me no harm but like every 800 in the IQ chassis their is a chance of motor failure. I am happy mines lasted and been so good at 1100 miles

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to have engine problems, but alot of people have. I often wonder if mines gonna go. I think Polaris should dump a new and improved motor in these, like one from the pro rmk. The got a bad name after these motors and instead of fixing it they just kinda dumped all of the 800 IQ owners. Don't get me wrong I love this sled it's done me no harm but like every 800 in the IQ chassis their is a chance of motor failure. I am happy mines lasted and been so good at 1100 miles

watch out......I heard 1102 miles is the average blow up......lol.....just joking but they blow up from 15 miles and up......I wonder what it would take to put a pro 800 in the IQ???? if it is easy maybe polaris should step up and start replacing them with the Pro engine......does that "Fix it kit" fix the problem......if so, it is funny that an after market company can come up with a fix and Polaris cant! I think Polaris has washed their hands of the 07-10 800 and now want nothing to do with this engine......they have figured out that from 05 till 11 that they have pi$$ed off alot of Polaris lovers.....I was one, but now I ride a tank just to make sure Im riding out of the bush every time I go in.......unless I forget to turn off my tree magnet...lol

but really Polaris should have fixed or atleast offered a fair trade in value to upgrade to a pro....I really like the idea of retofitting a 900 (with a bigger bore like a 1000-1100) into the 09-10 sled.....since the 900 had a smaller bore than the 800 it had a lot of room to go bigger......like a square formula.....same bore as the stroke.....make the engine a big bore big stroke! Sorry I guess I'm just dreaming of a great engine that Polaris will never build!

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly right Overkill, they should have done something, even help out with goodwill claims after the fact in the cases of the 'same ol failure..'(ie, make a proper fix, split parts/labour costs if people want to keep them, trade-in program for a Pro etc..), but it also comes down to the dealers I think, you can say their hands are tied, but they are losing sales in the end, and in some cases, lost customers for life..
Polaris f'd up in a big way and this customer is not going back..like many others, I'm sitting on a dargon lawn ornament, not giving it away, loved riding it, but wasnt worth $6,500yr to ride and get rid of.. will have to see what works for people to get it back and better some day, until then, Arctic Cat gets my money..

Last edited:

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i asked what they would take my rmk 800 in on trade and he said they arent taking them on trade unless you bought it from that dealer
(which i did) so he then made me the offer of 5000-5500, lol what a joke of a company. thanks for screwing me over on your grabage.. i wish a polaris rep would read this and eat some damn crow on theyre big mistake and then sweeping us under the carpet

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing they want to do is more like it......they could always stand behind their product, or help out a loyal customer.....but they wont!.....but if they did then we would have to call them BRP......lol......... I had to say that! lol I wonder how many people have jumped ship from polaris?

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motor on my 09 went, total grenade, dealer where I bought it new from offered $1500, what a total jackass, won't set foot in that shop ever again, recommend all others to stay away a well, IMO. All I've ever had was Polaris, now you can count me out of Polaris from here on in..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new motor in the pro rmk's seem's to be good. I only saw two have any issues and that was at the beginning of the season last year, just before they released the bulletin on the possible kinked oil line and some had bad oil caps. After that not a single motor issue seen by us in mcbride area. We rented '09 rmk 800's for one year. We had 3 of them and between all three sleds went tru 5 motors. Wasn't dependable enough for a rental. That being said if they have another good year like last with the pro may very well just be lookin at gettin a couple for 2013. The fact that you need to rebuild the topend on a doo 80R motor about every 3000km it also doesn't make a good renatl unit IMO. We had an '09 Summit X 162 and at about 3200km it took out a top end. Where as our '09 M8 rentals have between 5500-8600km on them and they still have the original pistons in them that came with from the factory the day they were built.

Just what i've sen and experienced with my own rentals and such.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new motor in the pro rmk's seem's to be good. I only saw two have any issues and that was at the beginning of the season last year, just before they released the bulletin on the possible kinked oil line and some had bad oil caps. After that not a single motor issue seen by us in mcbride area. We rented '09 rmk 800's for one year. We had 3 of them and between all three sleds went tru 5 motors. Wasn't dependable enough for a rental. That being said if they have another good year like last with the pro may very well just be lookin at gettin a couple for 2013. The fact that you need to rebuild the topend on a doo 80R motor about every 3000km it also doesn't make a good renatl unit IMO. We had an '09 Summit X 162 and at about 3200km it took out a top end. Where as our '09 M8 rentals have between 5500-8600km on them and they still have the original pistons in them that came with from the factory the day they were built.

Just what i've sen and experienced with my own rentals and such.

Im not a cat rider but it seams that for a 2 stroke.....they are the best engine!......or is the pro going to live up to the cat name?

Top Bottom