2007 Turbo Phazer?

YoungBuck

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one... comments? good or bad? has the 151" and i will be riding mountains by Cranbrook, BC. thanks guys.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting one... comments? good or bad? has the 151" and i will be riding mountains by Cranbrook, BC. thanks guys.

I had a 2007 Phazer, not turboed, for about 3 months. I did the research on them and found so many good reviews and so much positive, I thought it would be a great sled for me as I'm not exactly a speed freak. I honestly couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough. Without the turbo it was terribly gutless, even by my standards but the lack of power was only part of it. That thing handled awful. It was the TIPPIEST dam thing I had ever been on. I tried various adjustments on the suspension with no luck whatsoever. I was worn our after a day of fighting with trying to control it and just wasn't having fun. I sold it with about 1600 kms on it, (I put about 600 on it) and the rear shock was shot too. It also had an oil leak that the dealer couldn't seem to resolve. They're not all that light either. I met up with a couple of guys who had theirs turboed and they totally agreed about the tippy handling aspect but they said they enjoyed the maneuverability in the not so deep powder. I would highly recommend you take a good long test ride before you buy one.
The good points...really good on gas.....and unique looking. That was it for me. I wouldn't recommend one of those things to anyone....yet some people love em:rolleyes:

YoungBuck

Reaction score
I had a 2007 Phazer, not turboed, for about 3 months. I did the research on them and found so many good reviews and so much positive, I thought it would be a great sled for me as I'm not exactly a speed freak. I honestly couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough. Without the turbo it was terribly gutless, even by my standards but the lack of power was only part of it. That thing handled awful. It was the TIPPIEST dam thing I had ever been on. I tried various adjustments on the suspension with no luck whatsoever. I was worn our after a day of fighting with trying to control it and just wasn't having fun. I sold it with about 1600 kms on it, (I put about 600 on it) and the rear shock was shot too. It also had an oil leak that the dealer couldn't seem to resolve. They're not all that light either. I met up with a couple of guys who had theirs turboed and they totally agreed about the tippy handling aspect but they said they enjoyed the maneuverability in the not so deep powder. I would highly recommend you take a good long test ride before you buy one.
The good points...really good on gas.....and unique looking. That was it for me. I wouldn't recommend one of those things to anyone....yet some people love em:rolleyes:
Thanks Alot! Ive ridden a turboed one before for like 15 mins on a lake with some powder on it. it was a fun sled but i am worried about the tippy aspect.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking into one for my first sled. Bought a 06 REV instead and have never looked back.

Seen a few on the trail, seen even fewer with people who have said good things about them.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking into one for my first sled. Bought a 06 REV instead and have never looked back.

Seen a few on the trail, seen even fewer with people who have said good things about them.

Good choice....saved yourself a lot of frustration.:beer:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

find out who did the mods, do you want to ride or wrench?

ever own a sled before? if not a turbo is probably not the best sled for ya.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
find out who did the mods, do you want to ride or wrench?

ever own a sled before? if not a turbo is probably not the best sled for ya.

Neither is the Phazer if you're a first time sled owner. It will turn you off sledding.:d

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
I have 2 turbo phazers in my stable. They both rock and will put the hurt on all of the 800 mods around.
As far as A powder sled.....nothing more fun to ride. It needs some work with the suspension to set it up for the added power but with the Rear Ohlins and a set of front shocks it will not roll over and control the lift on the hills.
Sure its not for everyone but with proper set up it works in this terrain wvery well.
I paid 5 k with boost so the deals are out there.:)

Have a look at this from the Big Iron 3 years ago :d
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzmtIFUrFA[/media]

Enough of the haters.:rolleyes:
RS

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 turbo phazers in my stable. They both rock and will put the hurt on all of the 800 mods around.
As far as A powder sled.....nothing more fun to ride. It needs some work with the suspension to set it up for the added power but with the Rear Ohlins and a set of front shocks it will not roll over and control the lift on the hills.
Sure its not for everyone but with proper set up it works in this terrain wvery well.
I paid 5 k with boost so the deals are out there.:)

Have a look at this from the Big Iron 3 years ago :d
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzmtIFUrFA[/media]

Enough of the haters.:rolleyes:
RS

Climbmax. If you can get me a phazer for 5 K with boost I will buy one. Otherwise they are only good for ice fishing.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ihad one it was a short track set up for ditch banging the GT version I belive not the fastest thing topped out across a feild in 4 feet of snow at 130km and hour. the sled itself was very good the tippy issuse was nice to trun it around on a dam,wish I still had it but had to sell the guy that bought it has put on 2000km since and long tracked it and a set of wide skis and it haddles better now.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Randy does not understand is that the lights at Yamaha will be dimming soon because their moment in the spot light will soon be over. The only reason yamaha went to 4 stroke engines was because they could not make a good 2 stroke sled motor. The competition will soon start to eat yamahahahaha's lunch. The best and only yamaha I ever had was an '84 YZ 80.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Randy does not understand is that the lights at Yamaha will be dimming soon because their moment in the spot light will soon be over. The only reason yamaha went to 4 stroke engines was because they could not make a good 2 stroke sled motor. The competition will soon start to eat yamahahahaha's lunch. The best and only yamaha I ever had was an '84 YZ 80.

i have a 98 700 mountain srx motor with factory triple pipes,reed spacers and a can on it with 14000+ kms on it! two stroker rode like i was mad at it! always ran yamalube and premium, dumped bowls spring and fall and cleaned power valves once! no issues ever! pos chassis, i threw alot of money at it and it still sucked, had a friend put the motor in a wedge chassis and was awesome!! (for what it was)

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"What Randy does not understand is that the lights at Yamaha will be dimming soon because their moment in the spot light will soon be over"

You obviously do not know who Randy is or possibly have never ridden a Turbo'd Yamaha........I'm not one to beak on here but if anyone knows how Phazer's or any other Yamaha for that matter it's Randy. And it'll probly be brought up that to get my heavy Yamaha to compete with any stock sled I have to spend 20g.......I've spent more than that on mine cause this is my passion and I don't care how much it costs me. I'm not rich but I want to have fun on my sled and I can't have the fun I want on a 2 stroke so I'll spend my hard earned money on what I want. Different strokes for different folks.

To answer the original question.......a friend had a stock Phazer MTX and yes, it's heavy and underpowered but it was one of the funnest sleds to ride in powder. Yes it is heavy and tippy compared to other sleds but it is SO much fun to ride and carve with. Anytime I was on it all I could think of was how much fun this sled would be turbo'd. G/f has a Turbo'd Phazer 151" and it's gonna be insane!!! :beer::beer:

Not2Old

Reaction score
Randy,
Your boys ride the Phazers don't they? How old are they now and what do they think of them? I'm trying to get my youngest (13) onto one.
K.

Motogp

Reaction score

Wow ....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom