2007 M 1000 engine just die's while going down the trail

vic

Reaction score
07 m1000 we bought used 300 miles on it.First time to the mtn's find out engine die's while going down the trail can get it started goes awhile and die's.brought it to Argyll motor sports and they did ecu updates for that problem we thought.Next time to mtn's first day 85 miles 8300 feet ran great no problem. Next day 12 miles die's nine times had to return home wrecked the long weekend.Anyone know how to fix this.Did we by a lemon for a second sled.thanks Vic

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the rider involved and the problem lies with the linkage between the handlebars and the seat. Upon further diagnosis I have realized that hoppy should have bought a Dragon:)

vic

Reaction score
Thanks for the info but I think not ,I know someone with a draggin and it is coughing most of the time and needed engine work already. I believe the Mountain Magic man diagnosed the problem correctly, the throttle control is equipped with a monitor switch for safety purposes which will stop the engine when a loss of return spring force occurs.
They are great guys & fixed the problem.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No engine work needed here Vic, 1800 miles and just a simple cleaning of the power valves and exhuast valves so far. We will have to see how well Hoppy can ride that M1000 this weekend to see if he can keep up to the little dragon that could.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing and it turned out to be a ground wire that is pretty hidden. It started out fine on the trail but kept dying as the elevation got higher. Then it started dying at lower elevations, to the point where it would hardly run. After that was corrected it ran like a champ!

vic

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,we will find out this weekend in the mtn's,hopefully we are not 3 & 0 will keep info in mind if it still has the same problem.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No engine work needed here Vic, 1800 miles and just a simple cleaning of the power valves and exhuast valves so far. We will have to see how well Hoppy can ride that M1000 this weekend to see if he can keep up to the little dragon that could.

They shouldn't be called Dragons but instead Dragouts:d Seen more of them on tow ropes then 4x4's at a mud bog:rollinglaugh:

vic

Reaction score
Hi, any idea where the the ground wire was shorting out? I guess we are 3&0 in the the mtn's Still shutting down.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess they found the loose ground wire on the right side, inside the steering loop, down low... Once this was corrected, my sled ran great!

vic

Reaction score
I guess they found the loose ground wire on the right side, inside the steering loop, down low... Once this was corrected, my sled ran great!
Hi Amy,Mountain Magic recommended early to replace the Trottle control covers front & rear.Parts came in Friday. After removing the four screws I could see the stop button wire was wrapped around the bars instead of tucked behind in the cover , squeezing the wire totally shorting it out.May have to to Valmount this weekend to find out if we got it fixed. Thanks Vic

Top Bottom