16 m8 bogs then dies?/ hood void warranty?

powder dreams

Reaction score
I've got a Two part question. Wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue. Yesterday when I unloaded the sleds, mine had a crazy bog every time I reved it up. Would spitter a bit and die some times if I tried to give it to much throttle. I let it idle for a bit and warm up more and it cleared up. Rode 50 miles that day without a issue. Then today we head up the trail without any issues and Just befor we are about to get off the trail it has the same issue. Bogs out and died again. I looked around a bit under the hood and tried a few things with no luck. It would fire back up and then the idle would go up and down a little then sounds like it's running on one cyl and bogs out/dies again. Every once in a while after it sat for 10 min it would fire up like there was no issues and I'd make it another 100 yards and it would bog/die again. Never threw a code or anything. I finally gave up and just tow'd it back down with the wife's sled. Kinda disappointing cuz it was going to be a wicked day. Luckily only a few people seen me on the pink beast dragging my sled down the mountain.

Other part to the question is if a aftermarket intake/headlight delete would void warranty? Mines similar to a bdx but I made it myself. Only other thing I've done is relocate the temp sensor to the nose. I'm not worried about my belt drive or can being an issue. I've never dealt with warranty so I'm kinda nervous about the hood. I always feel like there just looking for an excuse not to cover things rather then trying to help.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that you need resistors when doing a headlight delete. If this is the case it could be causing some electrical issues.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The PC is fine without resistors. The warranty issue would depend on how good your dealer is.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Next time it does it, I would just unplug it and see if the problem stops. It should be a two wire plug, can follow it down the steering post. On my sled it is a pink/black wire combo. You could also try pouring hot water on the plastic housing and blowing the water out when you're done to see if it is frozen inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

powder dreams

Reaction score
I thought about the Tss once I got it back to the truck but don't think I have a small enough torx to get it apart at the bars. Or can I unplug it somewhere farther down the line? Do a lot of guys just leave it unplugged? I'm not sure how the tss works but it wasn't that cold today, around 0 I think so shouldn't freeze u with the grip heaters on high.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I thought about the Tss once I got it back to the truck but don't think I have a small enough torx to get it apart at the bars. Or can I unplug it somewhere farther down the line? Do a lot of guys just leave it unplugged? I'm not sure how the tss works but it wasn't that cold today, around 0 I think so shouldn't freeze u with the grip heaters on high.

The TSS is a microswitch like on the mouse of your computer. When your throttle is in the idle position, the switch is closed, but when you press the throttle it should go into the open position(or the opposite).

If the switch is frozen when you press the throttle it will still be reading the same position as idle. So as a protection it stutters the motor.

It kind of works in relation to the throttle position sensor, if the throttle position sensor reads the throttle is open, but the TSS reads that the throttle lever is in the idle position that is the safety feature to prevent a runaway sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

powder dreams

Reaction score
I'll have to give that a try tomorrow. Would be nice if I didn't have to take it in to get it fixed.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have to give that a try tomorrow. Would be nice if I didn't have to take it in to get it fixed.

If the throttle cable is to loose it will do the same. The other thing to try is change the intake and can back to stock. The dealer will end up doing that if they don't find an obvious problem for troubleshooting. Cheaper if you do it. What type of can is it?

readimedic

Reaction score
Good chance it is the temp sensor relocate. Are you piped? Mine did similar things when I moved my temp sensor with my Jaws pipe.
Would barely run. Some guys had the same problem on the Snowest forum.

powder dreams

Reaction score
No other then the hood and can the engine is stock. I've rode the sled for 250 miles the way it sits without an issue tell yesterday.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your reeds, might of had a peddle break off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom