2006 REV Checkover before season..... WTF OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
HEY ALL, NEW TO SITE, FIGURED ID GET THE BEST USE OUT OF ER FIRST TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I finally tied into the ol REV and decided to pull motor and do top end on er, as the motor was pulled i decided to closely investigate WHY my left ski is about 2 inches( maybe 1 1/2) pushed back than the right... Ya the sled probably did hit comething, just wasnted to find out where its all bent....Heres what i found so far....

Where my finger is , is right on the opposite side where you would find the piece of 90 degree Aluminum, you can see the "BOW" in the Aluminum as well as the A-arm bolt actually Dimpled the Aluminum right by my finger... Heres a pic of the 90 degree piece of Aluminum the A-arm mounts to.........

As the sled rides it doesnt pull left or right, goes straight and has no issues, just want to know if I can repair easily enough...... I was thinking of removing lower A-arm, using some sort of bolt with Eye loopp on head, tie bolt into factory location of A-arm bolt, tie to a porta-Press to it, put tension on, and gently tap the bottom of bent piece until it starts go straighten out.... I figure once this is semi straight, the ski's should be closer to alignment.... any imput guys???? From the bent piece to tip of skis is a long way and a small bent can be exaggerated by the time the visual result is seen....

Here you can see somewhat of a bend or crease, but Im thinking its more cosmetic than anything else..... Scraped a rock or something........

Heres 10hrs of cleaning and polishing lol!!!!!!!!

Now, heres the right side....... This is a pic where the Upper Right A-arm mounts, just on the opposite side in ares where Can usually goes...... There is a 1'' long crack that has formed,seems to me that its a weak point on the REV, as right on the opposite side (left-side) the Metal Motor mount helps to reinforce the left side.... Does not seem to be a bend or twist on right side, just seems to me to be a stress crack, I simply made a reinforcement plate out of one of the ol-mans Aluminum Grain Shovel and Riveted on the inside-side of the bulkhead.... My question is if this "crack" is common.... Is there a "Reinforcement kit" that a guy can purchase to remedy this issue??? My own plate should do for now, but if there is an easier way to do so I would......

Thanks for your time guys..... Really appreciate the input that I get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy sledding this 2011/2012 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom