2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

rsrogersnt

Reaction score
I just bought this bike and something weird is going on. I had it parked in the driveway, key in but off, it was about 90 degrees outside and the cooling fan came on. Key in but off. I started the bike and turned the bike off to see if it would go off and it didn't. I restarted the bike and it started flashing that it was running hot. If it is a sensor, how is the bike getting power with the key off. I have 3 bike so I am going to try to repeat it, get fan to come on, and then swap out ignition switches to see if it comes back on or stays off. I figure this is a good test of switch. Any thought or experience like this?

Thanks

upnorth

Reaction score
yes this happened on my 05 500. there was a recall on my wheeler the put a new relay and brain box in hope this helps

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your computer is shot, there is a recall on it, best to take it to a dealer and let them check it out.

sobala

Reaction score
I just bought this bike and something weird is going on. I had it parked in the driveway, key in but off, it was about 90 degrees outside and the cooling fan came on. Key in but off. I started the bike and turned the bike off to see if it would go off and it didn't. I restarted the bike and it started flashing that it was running hot. If it is a sensor, how is the bike getting power with the key off. I have 3 bike so I am going to try to repeat it, get fan to come on, and then swap out ignition switches to see if it comes back on or stays off. I figure this is a good test of switch. Any thought or experience like this?

Thanks

You need a new ecu. There is a recall on them, so it will be repaired by a polaris dealer for free.

Top Bottom