2005 polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 service manual

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has seen or have a service manual for this quad. It's finally starting to show it age after 13000kms. Fan stopped working, supplied 12v to fan itself-good, tested wires between fan and temp sensor, no continuity. What's in between? Can't find any fuses for it, so I guess I need a manual. Any help would be great. Thanks:beer:

N

No one

Thanks for the site. Tried clicking on to it and got hit with attacks. Don't know what it was but it got blocked. Any other sites? Thanks

weird i clicked it just now, straight to tradebits? heres an other one, if no worky just google it and good hunting.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I bought a manual from e-bay for my fixer-upper 600 grizzly, and it was $5.00, and was immediately downloadable..... I was able to figure out the "no start" i have immediately!!! Lots of different manuals, but beware of the "imitations"...... Try this guy: Welcome

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the left side of the engine just below the thermostat is the temp sensor. sometimes the connection on the sensor screws up so then the fan won't turn on. or the sensor just wears out.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05s have a PDM (power distribution modual) under the front cowl. The fans control is in the PDM along with a self resetting circuit breaker. PMD failures are common.

Polaris had recalls on some PDMs of about that year (fires). I suggest you take the serial number to a Polaris to see if you machine is included in the recall.

On Polaris 04.5 and up if the fan or the winch quits suspect the PDM first, but hope it is something else.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05s have a PDM (power distribution modual) under the front cowl. The fans control is in the PDM along with a self resetting circuit breaker. PMD failures are common.

Polaris had recalls on some PDMs of about that year (fires). I suggest you take the serial number to a Polaris to see if you machine is included in the recall.

On Polaris 04.5 and up if the fan or the winch quits suspect the PDM first, but hope it is something else.

Yes yes I forgot about that. I have the recall notice somewhere around my desk. Thanks for the help everybody, I'll let you know what it is.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I took the quad back to the dealer in Camrose (talk to Aron in service) and got it fixed up. It was the dpm. They checked my vin and changed it out. Fan works like a new. I could be on glue but I think the quad is a little more responsive too. I made sure all they did was the recall so I didn't get dinged hard for parts and service. Thanks for the help people.:beer::beer::beer:

punish83

Reaction score
I need to fill the transmission fluid on my 05 sportsman 500. I got it drained but I can't figure out how to put fluid in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I need to fill the transmission fluid on my 05 sportsman 500. I got it drained but I can't figure out how to put fluid in.

Here you go.............give me sometime here to upload it.

Attachments

• Transmission oil fill plug.jpg
    Transmission oil fill plug.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Top Bottom