2005 900 Rmk

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Let's say it makes good power, but you come off feeling like you're riding a jackhammer, as i stated earlier. According to him, your whole body shakes.

Think that story is stretching the snobunji a bit. :bs: :D

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's say it makes good power, but you come off feeling like you're riding a jackhammer, as i stated earlier. According to him, your whole body shakes.
I rode an 05 900 RMK and it vibrated some, but so did the 07 800 doo I rode last year. Nothing a pair of Mpact mechanix gloves wouldn't take care of.:D:D

Reaction score
I ride a 05 900 complete mod and it will beat anything without a turbo or large shot of noss or a huge engine 1200cc etc. The 900 engine is awesome and that is the truth. if the sled is set up correctly. it is wicked on the hills and the deep pow.

GRD

Reaction score

You haven't even rode one yourself and your complaining about vibration... :confused: If you want power your going to get some vibration..:twocents:

How old is your buddy that was sore all over....

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You haven't even rode one yourself and your complaining about vibration... :confused: If you want power your going to get some vibration..:twocents:

How old is your buddy that was sore all over....

I hopped on it while it was idling and HOLY. The powerful sleds I've ridden have no more vibration than my 700. That includes an 07 summit, a few 800 rmks...etc

tasco

Reaction score
Looks good tasco, where'd you get your chromolly parts?

I undrestand that all the mods were done at racers edge just southwest of Calgary.

I bought the sled 6 months ago fully modded

Tweaker 660

RIP Jan 16,2009
Reaction score
Great chassis to bad about engine problems and the total lack of help from Polaris. I bought a sled in the states from a guy who manages a Polaris dealership. He said he had 900 Polaris's still in the crate that he didn't think he could sell for 3500US due to there engine problems. Don't pay to much for it but they do seem to be hit and miss as some people claim no problems with them. We had to Heli one out of Revy last year due to bottom end bearing failure. Rebuild bill was $5500.00. To bad as it was a great machine otherwise.

tasco

Reaction score
I think I am going to stick with my 700 this year. We will see what kind of deals are available next fall. I may decide to go new, mayby a new M8 or a Dragon, don't know yet.

Since I don't know to much about snowmobiles, been out of it for 10 years till this year, It's been a lot of homework to see where the industry is gone, reading posts so find out about what's happening and breaking. That's why I made the initial post.

slabm7

Reaction score
I noticed when the 900 is sitting and idling or going under 10mph it does vibrate, but once you get going you never notice it. Its not enought of a deterrant if you can get a good deal on one. Best sled on the market right now for its price.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great chassis to bad about engine problems and the total lack of help from Polaris. I bought a sled in the states from a guy who manages a Polaris dealership. He said he had 900 Polaris's still in the crate that he didn't think he could sell for 3500US due to there engine problems. Don't pay to much for it but they do seem to be hit and miss as some people claim no problems with them. We had to Heli one out of Revy last year due to bottom end bearing failure. Rebuild bill was $5500.00. To bad as it was a great machine otherwise.

Tweak, do you have an address or contact for that dealer? Im thinking about buying a newer sled and the 900 RMK seems to be the best value for the money (if all the recalls/mods are done to it that is)

Does anyone know what requirements/procedures you have to do to import a used sled into Canada from the US? Is there a link already somewhere on the forum I can view?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know a guy with one...JUNK...no offence to the ones that ride them and are good...but this one is a hunk of junk...cant ever ride it because its always got problems...mnever would buy one(just my thoughts tho)

ricky vance

Reaction score
ive got a 2005 rmk 900 151 track slp pipe new track .seat .2000 miles never been mountian climbed maybe trade for your 700 and 2500 canadian cash phone 1-867-667-2080 .this sled is like new

benamen

Reaction score
We picked up a couple of 05 900 RMKs 151's out of ND last January. Kind of new to the snowmobile market and didn't know much about the sleds history.
So far one has needed a new ECU ($400) and the second one has gone through 2 belts, one of which was the original. They burn gas, might be able to get 70 miles out of a tank on a good run. Less if you are on the throttle a lot. Rode with a couple of guys this weekend. One riding a Yamaha (04)complained about the rough ride but I did not notice it being that bad.

Best bet for information on the 900's is Snowest.com and head to the Polaris forum. Good info on what these machines need to be solid performers. If you have a 05, seems you need to change out the pistons before they lose a skirt, throttle/oil cable needs updating, motor mounts should be replaced. These are a few of the main areas of concern. But check out Snowest to get the complete details. I'd put a link to the thread on the 900's but Snowest is down right now.2005 900 AND 2006 900/700.... Read Before you Buy - SnoWest Forum

Ben

Last edited:

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the 05 900 has taken a bad rap, well when the 9 is set up they are sweet! I have the 05 with 166 track lots of mods and the place to start, Vent to heck out of them go from there. I ride mountain fresh deep Kootenay powder & love this sled on the hills. This sled will give you a physical workout you have to learn how to throw this beast around make it go where you want to go and it will, lots of torque. I don’t even notice the vibration if anything very little from my 09 M8, just my opinion and yes lot’s of great info on the forms for this machine.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im the same here.. I have an 05 900 151 and it hasnt given me a bit of trouble. well knock on wood. I have all the updates done and vents and slp torque stop. they are the big thing. guys say they eat belts, but I was at 900 miles when I thought I should buy another 111 belt and change it. I forgot to and had put on another 800 miles since. so 1700 miles on a belt I think is good. (I will change it now lol) they are a heavier sled but one of the best riding on the trail. just make sure the updates are done and dont listen to anyone that says they are bad. they did get a bad rep. after I bought mine I heard about all the crap people say about them. but know the new 800 are blowing up, so now they have a bad rap. there isnt a sled out there that didnt have an isue with something. GO BIG OR GO HOME LOL. I heard they likle the bottle so that might be next. I have around the 3000 mile and still on orig. engine. how many can say that with a new 800 lol.

Hylode

Reaction score
I have been riding my 05 / 900 for the past 4 years , I have nearly 4500 on miles on it ,and it runs like a clock , but if you want some serious ponys out of it get it polished and ported like I did, and watch that motor come to life !!
A friend of mine had over 5000 on his and when he pulled it apart there was little or no signs of any damage !! :beer:

Top Bottom