2004 rmz 250

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just set the valves on my bike and now it starts in 2 kicks but I can't seem to get it to idle properly my son left fuel in the carb all winter so I figure it's gummed up but j never have worked on a carb before is there anybody that could lend a hand.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull it off the bike and take the bowl off. Then soak it in CLR for a day. Then flush it out with gas and throw it back on. If it is gummed up or a little dirty that should cure your issues.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never thought of clr will it eat the seals in the carb

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it out and clean it out. Its easy for those carbs to gum up a bit. I don't know about CLR but if you take it all apart you could dodge the seals. I have always varsalled my stuff. Can always try and use carb cleaner too but it never hurts to clean that bowl.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
Compressed air to blow out all the jets and passages works very well and avoids all the harsh chemicals. Very common problem. Clean the bike. Loosen the carb, drop the float bowel and pull as much of the carb out as you can and blow out all the jets and passages.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The idle jets are plugged. They have the tiniest holes in them that get blocked. Compressed air doesn't airways work with these. Use one strand of wire to clean the holes out. Then compressed air with carb cleaner spray.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never thought of clr will it eat the seals in the carb

I have used it on sister in laws snowblower without any issues. It is supposedly household safe so I never gave it any thought as to the seals. Got some friends who have used it without any issues also.

Top Bottom