2001 350 leaking gas

LeoClark

Reaction score
I have an 01 350 that leaks gas from the carb. I have had the carb apart several times and it is spotless so i don't think dirt in there is an issue. the screw on the bottom of the carb appears to be seized in, i am guessing there is an oring on here though that needs replacing???

Any ideas of tips would be great. Thanks

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 350 that leaks gas from the carb. I have had the carb apart several times and it is spotless so i don't think dirt in there is an issue. the screw on the bottom of the carb appears to be seized in, i am guessing there is an oring on here though that needs replacing???

Any ideas of tips would be great. Thanks

sounds like your needle and seat is worn out, the needle and seat stop/control the fuel entering the carb, unless its leaking from the drain screw, is your oil contaminated? When you drive it is it ok, does it flood out..
or is it only when it sits, unused,,, if you shut the fuel off does it still leak out?

pm me ill try to help you figure it out.

Terry

LeoClark

Reaction score
i acctually haven't driven it in about 3 years other than about for 1km aroukd the yard andit would seem fine driving. It doesn't leak when the fuel is off. and the gas is coming out of the drain hole on the very bottom of the carb, as i said before the screw to stop this couldnot get any tighter.

the needle and seat could be worn the machine does have 12,000km on it

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 12000km it almost curtainly is the needle. I don't believe you can get the seat for that machine.

If you had the carb apart before this started happening, then check the float height; Then, change the needle just because they don't last much past 8000kms on a honda.

mach-man

Reaction score
hey if yourn leaking out drain . with valve off open screw , it could be float's to high and bowl runover also , or needle/seat like above said

Top Bottom