2 XM's found on Frisby?

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
It's amazing how a thread can get thrown around so much on this site. Seems like it's going for ch!t more and more and the time goes on.

Let's stick to the topic at hand. Is there anymore info about the sledders. Did they get rescued?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing ive learned over the years is a stock sled will go just about anywhere if you poke at it enough. ive also experienced situations like this where riders get frightened and give up.looks like what happened here. but we dont know the whole story. hope there ok

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Im kinda with you on this one....

It's incidents like this that's going to. make it so all backcountry peeps will in the future require AST, Survival Certification and Insurance to go and play. I'm not in favor of "Big Brother" look'n over my shoulder but lack of experience/training and poor judgement are sending us in that direction.
Just My Opinion.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think this has anything to do with ATS, Survival Certification and Insurance. This has to do with common sense.
Help was offered, but chose an easy route out. Abuse.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as Im concerned these guys should get a nice fat bill for the full "rescue". They were offered help out by an experience sledder that came upon them and they turned it down. Absolute garbage.

They don't have to pay for the rescue? I always thought that you had to, cause you got to pay for an ambulance thought that it would be the same thing.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post of the year right there, lol

sure gets sum of ya cranked up

hey bud its not this comment its the fact every time he opens his mouth its just SO LAME and tiring. Comments like above here and there with some humour are highly promoted but this guy is a lonely sole that looks for confrontation behind his keyboard but will never show his sad face

that's why

Bosshog

Reaction score
Hi we were riding frisby we talked to the 2 guys around dinner at that time they told us on my Garmin that they are stuck and can't get out of the bowl and they pushed there spot at this time we asked if everyone is alright and stable
we tried to get down to them but way to foggy and snowing so we made down to cabin to grab a few more guys to help when back out to try to find them at this time we ran into Dan and talked to the 2 guys they said they don't want to walk out they will sleep the night so we decided to get off mountain

all that I know in the last 13 years going to the mountains we have had some pretty bad wrecks fought to get sleds out and off the mountains but not once we thought we would call s+r to come get us I think sledders that are not experienced should stay close to trails if weather is crappy or stay in cabin !
Don't be afraid to call to ask the sledders in your area to help or to tell u a easer way out but unless it is life in danger leave s+r for the people that are in need of them

thks for dan to come all the way over from bolder to help its nice locals care for us cause we love your back yards

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi we were riding frisby we talked to the 2 guys around dinner at that time they told us on my Garmin that they are stuck and can't get out of the bowl and they pushed there spot at this time we asked if everyone is alright and stable
we tried to get down to them but way to foggy and snowing so we made down to cabin to grab a few more guys to help when back out to try to find them at this time we ran into Dan and talked to the 2 guys they said they don't want to walk out they will sleep the night so we decided to get off mountain

all that I know in the last 13 years going to the mountains we have had some pretty bad wrecks fought to get sleds out and off the mountains but not once we thought we would call s+r to come get us I think sledders that are not experienced should stay close to trails if weather is crappy or stay in cabin !
Don't be afraid to call to ask the sledders in your area to help or to tell u a easer way out but unless it is life in danger leave s+r for the people that are in need of them

thks for dan to come all the way over from bolder to help its nice locals care for us cause we love your back yards

good on you guys for helping!!... but why would they walk if you guys were there you could of doubled? bad choices on their part. I agree stay on the trail or close to home but people don't understand the power of the mountains and the weather

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey no problem, Nice meeting you guys. I was blown away that these guys wanted to wait for S&R when they could have rode out with us at 5pm.In No way did they NEED S&R.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't have to pay for the rescue? I always thought that you had to, cause you got to pay for an ambulance thought that it would be the same thing.

i beleive the rescue of the persons is free but removal of the machines is charged to the owner. at least thats what ive heard from a few guys that got in a bad situation here.

with the chopper anyways..

Top Bottom