2 XM's found on Frisby?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I don't think this has anything to do with ATS, Survival Certification and Insurance. This has to do with common sense.
Help was offered, but chose an easy route out. Abuse.

I think this kind of action that is going to have the Gvt stick'n their noses in and pushing for future changes. Yes it is just common sense and not knowing the peeps or the situation it's difficult to be too hard on them. Even the best sledders get in to trouble. I'm referring to the inexperienced or untrained putting themselves in a possible life or death situation and just not getting it. Im also speaking of the guys you see high marking in extreme avy areas that have neither the training or common sense not to.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion.Now please ban lhf.
I think this kind of action that is going to have the Gvt stick'n their noses in and pushing for future changes. Yes it is just common sense and not knowing the peeps or the situation it's difficult to be too hard on them. Even the best sledders get in to trouble. I'm referring to the inexperienced or untrained putting themselves in a possible life or death situation and just not getting it. Im also speaking of the guys you see high marking in extreme avy areas that have neither the training or common sense not to.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes thanks SBR good info. Good info everywhere especially climbmax, explaining to people how to get out of a hard spot in his post. Maybe people will read this stuff and think we know how to get out of a bad spot and not being embarrassed if help is offered or to ask for help.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi we were riding frisby we talked to the 2 guys around dinner at that time they told us on my Garmin that they are stuck and can't get out of the bowl and they pushed there spot at this time we asked if everyone is alright and stable
we tried to get down to them but way to foggy and snowing so we made down to cabin to grab a few more guys to help when back out to try to find them at this time we ran into Dan and talked to the 2 guys they said they don't want to walk out they will sleep the night so we decided to get off mountain

all that I know in the last 13 years going to the mountains we have had some pretty bad wrecks fought to get sleds out and off the mountains but not once we thought we would call s+r to come get us I think sledders that are not experienced should stay close to trails if weather is crappy or stay in cabin !
Don't be afraid to call to ask the sledders in your area to help or to tell u a easer way out but unless it is life in danger leave s+r for the people that are in need of them

thks for dan to come all the way over from bolder to help its nice locals care for us cause we love your back yards
wow. just wow....

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
climbmax I know how you went out, but for underpowered light sleds we have to pack our way a few times. Maybe a lot to get out. Lol

I assure you it wasn't easy. I had to fight to even see the tracks I made and stay in them as I made my "leapfrog" run in. Doing it alone makes it that much tougher. I can't imagine those dudes would have had much success without a well planned out evac and a few more bodies.
Good news is......its back on this weekend :)

RS

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find my post from 2 days ago.....anyone know anything???
Thanks
RS
Just found your story over on snowest if your looking for it. Nice campsite wonder if I would need to place a reservation early to get that spot lol.
glad to hear everyone made it out safe.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S&R rescues of people will never be charged to the rescue'ees. If they did there is a fear that people won't call and resulting in fatalities.
Equipment salvage and retrieval is and will be charged however.
Bottom line is use your head and exercise common sense. If you see no tracks and you aren't familiar with the area don't go.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom