2 1/2 to 2 inch. Gm reciver insert.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking where to buy a insert for my reciver on my 2500 hd. So I can run my 2 inch receiver
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just take a free one fro mths guys who leave them pinned in their reciver

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah nice, maybe you'll get a free receiver too

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess Auto has them, but they seem like a pretty tight fit. Truck was brand new, so I didn't want to force it and scratch the paint on the receiver. I ended up just getting a 2.5" receiver hitch and tossing my old one. ...then found 2 weeks later that the truck came with an adapter which was hiding in the glove box.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the truck used and there isnt one in the truck. I guess I judt have to go talk nice to the chev dealer or buy a new draw bar.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth just buy new receiver...bought mine at princess auto got sick of trying to line everything up....prob not much of a price difference between a new receiver as apposed to the reducer...

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth just buy new receiver...bought mine at princess auto got sick of trying to line everything up....prob not much of a price difference between a new receiver as apposed to the reducer...

yeah Gm want $45 or so for the reducer so i think i am going to just get a new receiver bar. and longer pin. But i did see a reducer sitting in a guys hitch today with no pin. the thoughts that went through my head.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have left mine in the receiver for for 5 years. Guess i should take it out sounds like they are a hot commodity. Can't believe they charge $45 for that. lol

Gforce21

Reaction score
2 1/2" sched 60 tubing. You could make 20 of them for $45.

Top Bottom