1997 Okanagan Hillclimb

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stumbled across this and thought some would enjoy it. I know a few guys racing in the video, Cal Bottcher, Peter Bueckert, saw old Stan Donald in the back ground. Mike Irman on a Doo, Vinne Clarke on a Cat. Cool video.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those old cookie sheet open mod sleds hauled azz.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MXZ ghost ride was awesome. This vid sure makes you thankful for the new suspension.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty kool. The last 2 little jumps at top sure caused for some blooper reel shots!!
Hats off to those riders. Hopefully they are still able to walk now after that torture test. 🤣

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing !!!!!

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there something similar to this that is still an annual thing that exists (aside from all the COVID delays we have seen from the past 2 years) like how they used to do BIS in revy? Although that seemed for less sanctioned than the silver star hillclimb comps. Would be a fun event to attend

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there something similar to this that is still an annual thing that exists (aside from all the COVID delays we have seen from the past 2 years) like how they used to do BIS in revy? Although that seemed for less sanctioned than the silver star hillclimb comps. Would be a fun event to attend
I think the closest thing running in Canada was yamafest but that was pre covid. There was a group that got a hillclimb circuit going a few years ago but it was short lived for some reason. WCHA I think? He was on here as well.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s on my bucket list too! Maybe we should sign up as hill crew and get in free? You in? Lol
Been there several times Ken back when I used to fly into Jackson every couple of weeks.

It is long, steep and wild. Gotta see it in person to appreciate.

The entire Silver Star climb is equivalent to the bottom third of Snow King that you see on video before it gets steep.

Top Bottom