$12,000 t3

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
If you can tell what the market will be in 7 to 8 months out you shouldn't be selling sleds . Lol
Speculate yes ?

Eat me up all you want for being in sales... For some reason it happens all the time. But you are right.... You guys have access to way better information than I do on what the sled market has done in the last few years. I should sit back and listen to the experts. Again sorry for upsetting you with valid input and facts and trying to help people from getting totally hosed selling machines. I'm done in this thread. Cheers.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eat me up all you want for being in sales... For some reason it happens all the time. But you are right.... You guys have access to way better information than I do on what the sled market has done in the last few years. I should sit back and listen to the experts. Again sorry for upsetting you with valid input and facts and trying to help people from getting totally hosed selling machines. Cheers.

Settle down as I wasn't talking about sleds really ?
More the future of everything going on around use that will dictate prices on everything.
A lot of very smart peeps can't get it right that far out.
You are good at what you do I am sure but telling the future would be even better? Correct ?
Have a good weekend.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sure you know what the sled market is going to do far better than me or snopro... Cheers.

Maybe you are right. I am not in sales and have no interest in selling sleds!

When I started this thread way back in early December, a lot of people thought I was full of sh!t. How could a $17,000 sled be worth $12,000 only a few months later. Well, I always thought the t3 was a $12,000 sled with $4 or $5000 worth of hype.

Back in December all the indicators were there for a slowdown. Unfortunately the markets have performed worse than many thought. The economic erosion will continue well into 2016. We have not seen this depth of a recession in Alberta since the late 1990's (2008 was just a flash) and for many people on here, this will be their first exposure to a "real" slowdown.

I think myself, many others, the markets, BRP, salesmen and the dealers are really on the same page. The difference is the amount of information some are willing to share openly. But the numbers are there. BRP and the dealers all offering deep discounts to "get the last drops of blood out of the market". I can't blame them, I wouldn't want any inventory on the floor either.

I just hate seeing people losing their jobs, their savings, their quality of life. I think it's helpful to share our ideas, opinions and experience to help those that haven't seen this before make better decisions. I don't know where the sled market is going but it is crystal clear that we are headed for tough times - I hope they end sooner than later!

Last edited:

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man... Why people are throwing so much money away!!! BEYOND ME! I'm going to be getting rid of mine for 14,000.00 as I have for the past few years... I don't take total baths on my sled.BRAIN dead to sell one for that cheap! Good god. People are so quick on the trigger! Come fall... Someone that didn't snowcheck that wants and x... Instead of one year warranty... They can get three... Save a few thousand... And get the shocks and bars and everything the SP won't have. I can't control the fact people want to throw money in the trash. I've seen the dollars you can get for them private and I'm not about to give away any of my money dumping it for 12 grand or less!

I don't think it's fair to belittle those that are making these decisions. Not everyone has enjoyed the same success and wealth as BRP, the dealers and the salesmen.

Since 1999 it's been quite a run (ask Snopro what it was like to be a Skidoo dealer in the black and white days). Better product, more market share, then more cashflow and way more profit. So much profit and opportunity that even Farm Machinery dealers got into the game. It's time for a correction, let's get back to reality! I don't feel one bit sorry for BRP and the dealers.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to belittle those that are making these decisions. Not everyone has enjoyed the same success and wealth as BRP, the dealers and the salesmen.

Since 1999 it's been quite a run (ask Snopro what it was like to be a Skidoo dealer in the black and white days). Better product, more market share, then more cashflow and way more profit. So much profit and opportunity that even Farm Machinery dealers got into the game. It's time for a correction, let's get back to reality! I don't feel one bit sorry for BRP and the dealers.
Not everyone has t teams pocket change ur right there

That was a bit over the top trent, stuff comes up and some time toys have to go

Toys are a asset, unless u owe way more than ur selling it for

Better than pissing in the wind

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eat me up all you want for being in sales... For some reason it happens all the time. But you are right.... You guys have access to way better information than I do on what the sled market has done in the last few years. I should sit back and listen to the experts. Again sorry for upsetting you with valid input and facts and trying to help people from getting totally hosed selling machines. I'm done in this thread. Cheers.

Wtf, " it happens all the time, gee can't figure it out ". Lol. Empathetic and considerate. Valid input and facts , hmmmm, not so much.
The facts may be , the guys who are selling cheap, want or need the money tomaybe help balance the budget, maybe eliminate the ongoing payment, maybe need to buy a house or toy or vehicle. there could be a pile of reasons it's necessary to sell now, your condescending arrogant lack of understanding is IMO consistent with most of your posts.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wtf, " it happens all the time, gee can't figure it out ". Lol. Empathetic and considerate. Valid input and facts , hmmmm, not so much.
The facts may be , the guys who are selling cheap, want or need the money tomaybe help balance the budget, maybe eliminate the ongoing payment, maybe need to buy a house or toy or vehicle. there could be a pile of reasons it's necessary to sell now, your condescending arrogant lack of understanding is IMO consistent with most of your posts.

:beer:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see t3s selling for 12 grand real soon, if doo would of made changes to the t3 for next year there valve could of held better..

Tought to to buy a 14 grand t3 when 2016 out of the box is less than 2 grand more... At least I sure would not be..

dealer mentioned he is is taking in 15 t3s for 5500 difference on Snowcheck 16 .. For other than a track limiter adjustment and one year extra warranty.. There is the cost of a turbo right there..

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see t3s selling for 12 grand real soon, if doo would of made changes to the t3 for next year there valve could of held better..

Tought to to buy a 14 grand t3 when 2016 out of the box is less than 2 grand more... At least I sure would not be..

dealer mentioned he is is taking in 15 t3s for 5500 difference on Snowcheck 16 .. For other than a track limiter adjustment and one year extra warranty.. There is the cost of a turbo right there..

I agree Fred, the t3 , 174 is a great sled but I know of a few buddies who bought one and are probably looking forward to going back to a 163, especially this year. That combined with Polaris doing a good job marketing their new axis snocheks, plus the uncertainty in the economy and lack of "gotta have that" in 16 Doo camp, gonna hold prices back a bit.
Reading on here tho, if I had one and wanted to change, I'd take it to TTeam, his assurance of $14000 value should work out to a great deal on trade in. Couple grand to move up might be worth it, let's see how it works out. Lol.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Fred, the t3 , 174 is a great sled but I know of a few buddies who bought one and are probably looking forward to going back to a 163, especially this year. That combined with Polaris doing a good job marketing their new axis snocheks, plus the uncertainty in the economy and lack of "gotta have that" in 16 Doo camp, gonna hold prices back a bit.
Reading on here tho, if I had one and wanted to change, I'd take it to TTeam, his assurance of $14000 value should work out to a great deal on trade in. Couple grand to move up might be worth it, let's see how it works out. Lol.

Yeah if they figure they are worth 14 Im curious what they would actually give for a trade.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$10500.00 - $11500.00 if it's low km and like new would be my guess.

If realistic resale used price is $14000, and a dealer offers me $10500 for my clean low kms trade and hands me an invoice for almost $17 for new 16 , I'd be some stressed ! In that case you're gonna see dealers fighting over trade ins.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer in the south said 9500 if in good shape
Thats highway robbery. We will still be giving a decent dollar on trade. Is it as good as last year in comparison terms? No. I personally feel the guys that are dumping for 11000-12000 right now are in trouble and need to move there iron to get the wolfs off there door step. Prices will recover somewhat once these guys are out of the system. In 30 years in the business I have seen lots of ups and downs. There were the red hot deals in the late 80's which was big. The dealers are moving there carryover now with huge factory rebates and are actually looking for more from dealers that still have sleds in stock. We are sitting with 1 SP now and made decent margins on the ones we recently moved. Its not doom and gloom yet guys. Like I said, the guys with job issues or in to deep are the shakers and bakers right now IMO.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is the opposite of how it works Fred. When the manufacturer comes out with something new and spanky that is when previous models will devalue. Skidoo made no changes in the T3 persay for 2016 so 15's should hold there value better in theory to the 16's. Any devaluing will happen because of the economy not the product. Watch Polaris used sleds devalue a bit this next season as the Polaris riders rush to have a new AXYS with a 3 inch track in there sled trailers. I've seen this over and over and this is no shot at Polaris. We saw this when the XM was introduced. Nobody was wanting an XP after that.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are selling cheap because there's big rebates... What most are forgetting is the warrenty. Anything out the door right now is a 1yr, anything used still has 3yr left on it. Once the rebates are over, sled prices will rise again to normal.

there is always people selling there ride way below market value, either they just want it gone or someone is knocking on there door for money. Just a fact.

generally you loose $2-2500 on a first year purchase, or atleast that is what I have known for the past 5-7 years. Since when was it acceptable to accept a $4000 hit? If that's the case I don't think I will be buying a new sled again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what will hurt the dealers is because of economy concerns most peeps that don't need to get out will just ride there 14-15 another year instead of giving there trade away. With 2-3 years warranty left they may just let it slide till everything sorts itself out. This winter didn't help matters either IMO.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Older1234?
Your #'s are a bit off ?
2012-2013 the xp guys didn't trade up for 2-2500 .
2013-2014 yes and possibly 14-15 .
IMO you have to be smoking something to buy used for 2500 less than new.
$5000.00 yes, as it's used
and a year old.
But good for the seller if peeps are willing to pay that kind of $ for a year old machine even with warranty .
It's only worth what the market dictates at that time?
Plain and simple.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are selling cheap because there's big rebates... What most are forgetting is the warrenty. Anything out the door right now is a 1yr, anything used still has 3yr left on it. Once the rebates are over, sled prices will rise again to normal.

there is always people selling there ride way below market value, either they just want it gone or someone is knocking on there door for money. Just a fact.

generally you loose $2-2500 on a first year purchase, or atleast that is what I have known for the past 5-7 years. Since when was it acceptable to accept a $4000 hit? If that's the case I don't think I will be buying a new sled again.[/QUOTE

I just bought a new 2015 with 3years warranty which equals more warranty than buying a used snow checked sled
the xtra 2 year warranty adds 500 to the cost of the sp sleds that Are being debated by brp. Pretty cheap piece of mind

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For anyone getting into sledding now is probably one of the best times in the last 10 years to get a brand new machine with lots of warranty for a damn good price.

Top Bottom