09 summit 800 xp performance

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is good out of the box, do the clutch. not sure how much u want to tinker. but there a thread here about this unit for mods. check under sled brands.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a clutch kit, I have a guy in Lamont AB "Ryan Carter"(General Auto) that carries a bunch of my kits.
$275 nice bang for buck.

If interested to see what kind of gains over stock, give Ryan a shout. They also do installs.

regards
Joey

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Do all this, in this order:
Free stuff like, remove all underhood foam, cut all plastic off the tool kit holder for better airflow, set skis to narrow, set limiter strap all the way OUT, upgrade to heavier rear springs, loosen front skid shock spring nearly all the way off, adjust track and chain (they loosen quickly when new) regularily, set riser in-line with steering post (tiliting forward looks very snowcross cool, but handles very bad and negatively affect sidehill/donut ability of the chassis).

Then do in this order:
DJ clutch kit
DJ ramps
Can of your choice (HPS/MBRP work well)
Head with proper compression for your riding area.
Then do lots of riding!!!
Can add some bling if you like.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Ramps should be here mid next week, according to DJ. DJ is waiting on them and will ship to me asap.....I will be ordering more sets than his stock levels as my waiting list is really really long. He already has a second order being run.

I have all you guys that contacted me on the list and will distribute from the top down. Rode Quartz this past Saturday....my god there is deep snow in the hills!!!! Deeper than christmas last year, not at all rocky (although I'm sure some landmines are lurking).

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey drop the hammer, the ramps that you mentioned for that guy in order is just for the 08 xp's right. Not the 09's

drop the hammer

Reaction score
hey drop the hammer, the ramps that you mentioned for that guy in order is just for the 08 xp's right. Not the 09's

Mach123, the Dj ramps are better than the 2009 and 2010 in my opinion having rode both. But they are not a huge difference, just a little different feel to them. Best described as the DJ ramps are more like a 2006X feel at lower speeds under 25 mph (coming on/off throttle, you can notice it). Wide open hill climbing at 75-80 km/hr there is not really any difference, and on high speed trail there is not any noticeable difference either. The big gain is the DJ kit itself (the performance comes from the helix), ramps just complete the package.

Physically holding them up side by side, the DJ ramp has a different shape on the bottom third of the ramp than the 2009 441 ramp.

For the price, a lot of guys just put them in.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RAMPS- well the machine shop in down in ny all that guy has said to me – will be sending on Wednesday joe. And nothing shows up. Then Friday call him and said should be arriving on Monday joe....and nothing shows up. And called him Tuesday and well I don’t even want to repeat what I said I give up. When the ramps show up, Jackie will be throwing them in the prepared packages and on the way. I have got so many stories from the machine shop guy that he can’t even remember what he has said to me in previous conversations – and that was last week never mind the bs. Same stories I got 2 weeks ago.

At least Dale at dalton (below) is straight up with me.

---------------------------------------------
----- Original Message -----
To: 'dalton industries'
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:50 PM
Subject: RE: helix
Joe, I should be able to send you ramps on Monday if all goes well .
-I should have springs late next week if all goes well.
-I hope to ship you the remainder of QRS helixes in a day or two(still no parts..arggg) I've got you,Billy,Dynoprt,etc all waiting on QRS helixes because of a stupid delay that never should have happened, but it should be resolved in a day or two
Dale

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have already added the ceramic y-pipe, pipe and can as well as venting to my 09 XP. Will a person gain 5-8kph of track speed or is this kit for better upshift and back shift performance.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have already added the ceramic y-pipe, pipe and can as well as venting to my 09 XP. Will a person gain 5-8kph of track speed or is this kit for better upshift and back shift performance.

Oh ya, it's a 163 with everything else stock.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On november 15th I was at 201 post and now 3 weeks later and post like a mad man and just hit 200 again. I think I am going down hill. When will I hit o. HMMMMMMM

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On november 15th I was at 201 post and now 3 weeks later and post like a mad man and just hit 200 again. I think I am going down hill. When will I hit o. HMMMMMMM

that may be why you got stuck thought you were going down hill. 123 ohoh:)

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exteme ski plate
get rid of sway bar
remove foam
mbrp can
thermostat upgrade/housing
dj clutch kit
quick clickers
gas can
enzo suspension

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't usually like to give away my speed secrets.....but in this case, for you guys....LOL.

Top Bottom