09 skidoo summit XPs

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go a get a 09 Dragon 800 they are sweet,cheaper to purchase, more HP, what else could you ask for IMO.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dragons might be cheaper but sled to sled the xp will spank it

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posted by xsyourride
Paper bag with two eye cut outs.LOL

Yeah that is funny. LOL.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a issue with a connection in the back of my gauge cluster which prevented me from having no head light, hand and thumb warmers. Some of the switches also did not work. The dealership warrentied everything and was very appologetic about not doing a proper PDI.

Canadian JR

Reaction score
I have about 500km on my 154X now, so far its ran great. The clutching needs some help as it has poor back shift and low RPM unless you go to clicker 4 or 5 but than it doesn't seem to be getting the power to the track. It pulls harder in clicker #2 but than RMP's are only around 7600 on a hard pull. I have already distroyed 1 belt and have a cord starting to come out on another. The snow was wet and heavy so the sled was realy working hard. The have been getting about 58 kmh track speed climbing which is pretty good.
The rear suspension sags down about 6 to 8 inches after ride hard up the trail. I think the rear springs are way too soft.
Only other complain is the blue piping they installed on the X seats. After riding up the trail my leg gets soar from rubbing against it. I will be getting it removed and the foam cut back to make the seat narrower at the front.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paper bag with two eye cut outs.LOL
Scuba, this is what you get for trying to convince YOURSELF that your sled is awesome on a post titled "09 skidoo summit xp's". Maybe you should go find a post about dragons! Oh wait there is none.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scuba, this is what you get for trying to convince YOURSELF that your sled is awesome on a post titled "09 skidoo summit xp's". Maybe you should go find a post about dragons! Oh wait there is none.

Not trying to start chit here bud, but more threads about XP's are about the problem's they're having. :d

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rucky you are correct, most posts are about problems with xp's. But when Doo's are the most popular sled on the mountain, it only makes sense that you hear more about them. I must admit, when in Revy 2 weeks ago i did see a group of around 10 peep's all on Dragons and Assaults, so they are growing in popularity. That said, it doesn't mean I going to stop harassing Scuba about his polarASS. He's lucky we even let that thing in the trailer.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen more dragons than skidoos been towed out this year so far.

Means nothing without factual info about what broke on each sled and whether it was manufacturer related or driver error. The fact there is no snow this year so far has meant that more sleds than ever are being towed out of the hills because everyone is breaking stuff, not that one brand is superior over the other (most early season damage is driver error).

The only thing that can be derived from your comment is that maybe Dragon owners crash more than the rest of us. :D

Rodzilla

Reaction score
I have an '09 Summit X...the recoil went on it the second day out riding! The 3rd day out, my key malfunctioned and I got towed out! Pays to have 2 keys I guess!! Even with those minor problems...the X still kicks the Dragon!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys should quit picking on the poor polaris owners!!!!
They did make it lightweight by eliminating the word "ON" on their slogan "THE WAY OUT"
I am not sure cheaper is a good quality or better though, corvette vs chevette, they are both vettes, I know which one I would pick, but at least there is cheap crap available for the poor people
They did name it right though, "DRAGON". I have seen quit a few XP's DRAGIN the DRAGON home. I even have some pictures!!!

Top Bottom