08F350 Air filter problems

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They wont pay for a new filter, Im out $145.00 and I have fiqure out how to fix this myself. Geez im glad I forked out the 65000 for a new truck, now I have to keep stock on air filters in the back seat too. It wouldn't be so bad if they were $20.00 but $145 is abit much. I guess I will leave it with the Troubleshooters at Global news, I got pics and video's to show the Ice and snow buildup in the filter. Ford says its a reqular maintence issue..:eek: Huh!! The filter doesn't need to be changed for 30000 miles according to the manual.

Unfortunately they are treating you as only one man, maybe if troubleshooters airs the story, they'll swiftly treat you better. Another story of one man against a huge corporation, they just dont care! Sorry to hear they're being a--holes.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna contact my salesman and see what he says. We've bought 3 new vehicles from him in the last 3 years; so he is always real good to us. Being a small dealership helps too. He'll let me know if they've seen this as a common problem; or if you're just lucky. :(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Just got a call from a buddy who's 2008 Ford Diesel averaged 7mpg to McBride and back. He's mighty unhappy.
He wasn't aware of the air cleaner problem and will be checking it tonight when he gets home.
His previous Chev deisel was averaging 12 mpg with this same enclosed trailer.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm gonna contact my salesman and see what he says. We've bought 3 new vehicles from him in the last 3 years; so he is always real good to us. Being a small dealership helps too. He'll let me know if they've seen this as a common problem; or if you're just lucky. :(

This is a very common problem with the 08's, Ford even knows about. They are telling me to buy the nice winter front they sell for truck. So I inquired and its not available yet. So I was going to go with the Cloud Runner winter front and they DON'T recommend it, may cause problems. They should get there crap together over at Ford. First they tell me the filter is a maintence issue, which is hard to believe now I have to install there front goofy looking winter front that has to be removed when its above 0, when I pull my trailer. Then with the front on I was also told this may affect my fuel economy, what fuel economy. I cant even make it from McBride to Hinton without using a full tank, I got to Hinton with the needle on E, with less than 8 km to go.:eek: I better shutup now..:D

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Have 08 F350 373 Gears Supercab I Am Getting 11.5 Mpg Pulling 21ft Enclosed Trailer Traveling 110km. Not Pulling Best I Ever Got Was 18.5 Empty. On Average I Usally Get 16.5.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I Have 08 F350 373 Gears Supercab I Am Getting 11.5 Mpg Pulling 21ft Enclosed Trailer Traveling 110km. Not Pulling Best I Ever Got Was 18.5 Empty. On Average I Usally Get 16.5.

Were you ever a Politician? :D , lol, I wish my truck got that at least.

Ford just called me today to let me know the front grill cover is on backorder and I'll have to pay for my own air filters. How nice

Last edited:

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were you ever a Politician? :D , lol, I wish my truck got that at least.

Ford just called me today to let me know the front grill cover is on backorder and I'll have to pay for my own air filters. How nice

Dude, I am so feeling your pain. I'm hoping my 06 echonline cube van doesn't do stuff like this. First winter with it.

dirtydodge

Reaction score
Ford called our fleet dude and they are sending out winter fronts for all our 08's, should have them i hope in the new year ??LOL .good thing it is slow out there or i would have set the truck on fire if it left me hanging in the sticks . Oh and i get about 350ks per tank .

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
350 eh? that's a 50 liter tank though???
Ford called our fleet dude and they are sending out winter fronts for all our 08's, should have them i hope in the new year ??LOL .good thing it is slow out there or i would have set the truck on fire if it left me hanging in the sticks . Oh and i get about 350ks per tank .

dirtydodge

Reaction score
YUP , it's kinda like I am trying to get back to work by burning as much fuel as possible . Or something like that .. This truck is brutal on fuel , only has 3600k's so far so it should get better , i hope , i have to pack 2 jerry cans with me cuz we get back in some Ch*tty spots for long times . :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

They called me yesterday as well, and indicated they would have them in by the middle of January. I decided to get the cloud runner winter front as the air filters are a little to pricy. With regards to milage, mine has increased alot since I changed the filter, its at about 14.6 mpg avg now with 12000km on the truck, a little better.

Dennis-NADP

Reaction score
Website
www.nadp.ca
Man that sucks, Ford should be taking care of their customers not pissing them off. That whole "warranty issue" thing you spoke about, by adding an aftermarket air kit, it's BS. They can't make any sort of claim that an Airbox or an air filter will cause more damage because the turbos are getting MORE air. I think their STOCK air filter is the issue. They should be thanking the aftermarket air filter companies for developing a filter that doesn't restrict air flow to the turbos.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant even make it from McBride to Hinton without using a full tank, I got to Hinton with the needle on E, with less than 8 km to go.:eek: I better shutup now..:D

Yikes!!!:eek::eek: I did a bit better than that. I filled up in Valemount, went to Allen Creek; then back to Grande Cache; with 90kms left on my display. Still not great milage; but I can't say I'm unhappy either. Being a lifted 1 ton, turning 35 X 13.50's, with 2 RT's on the deck.:dunno: I just talked to my salesman this morning on the issue. He said he'll check with the service manager and get back to me.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY SHREDD...HOW´D THE BIG 1000 PERFORM FOR YA???:confused:

Pulls awesome just like you said they do.:D:D I did have one disagreement on a climb with it:rant::rant:.....It wanted to keep going up....I tried turning it out..... I LOST!!!:eek::eek: Check out the Valemount Dec 9 thread.:D:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Until your really comfortable with how the weight needs to be thrown, they can be a little tricky.
Pulls awesome just like you said they do.:D:D I did have one disagreement on a climb with it:rant::rant:.....It wanted to keep going up....I tried turning it out..... I LOST!!!:eek::eek: Check out the Valemount Dec 9 thread.:D:D

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salesman called me back Ron. He said that a winter front will help just by keeping more heat under the hood. Cloud Rider or whatever front I want to run is fine with them. I guess they have only had a couple of trucks come into Hinton with any issues. The service manager also told him that fuel milage should also increase slightly by increasing the underhood temperature during colder weather. I don't run specific winter fronts; on my last truck I just ran a Cloud Rider screen front year round. That's all I'm gonna do on this truck too.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ford contacted me today and is now refunding my money for the filter and supplying me with the factory winter front, I dont want that as I installed the cloud runner one. They now listened to ME and have a TSB as of Dec 22 to supply customer with the winter front and replace the filter at no charge.

Top Bottom