08F350 Air filter problems

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My air filter is a block of Ice. I have removed it as the check air filter light came on last night and I was totally suprised, its heavy and covered in Ice and snow. Then calling another dealer today they had other inquires into the same thing from other people. Hmm, I think they have an issue to fix. Im just off to the dealer to get a new one, and I better not have to pay for it. $160.00

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well Ford wont supply me with a new air filter they gave me the attached Service Bulletin instead, now I must add this part to prevent this problem as it is happining alot. Now the funny thing is the part is not available yet from Ford. So I guess I will have to alternate air filters back and forth about two times a week. I will be contacting Ford on this issue as the filter is $137.00 and it takes about 5 minutes to change. I wonder if I needed to spend more money on a truck to have an air filter system that works?:cool: FORD: Built in Canada For Canadians, I think I better talk with Paul Brandt.lol

Attachments

• FordSB.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 76
  • danuk 106 (Small).jpg
    danuk 106 (Small).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 220
  • danuk 107 (Small).jpg
    danuk 107 (Small).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 214
  • danuk 108 (Small).jpg
    danuk 108 (Small).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 215
  • danuk 109 (Small).jpg
    danuk 109 (Small).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 209
  • FordSB.jpg
    FordSB.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn`t that nice of them...Built ford tough( just don`t drive it in the cold). I guessing they are not as tough as they once were.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Who would of thought...... With all that testing in the harsh conditions :rolleyes: So much so that I didnot even watch the entire video... Too long ! :( Seen the same thing a few years ago with one !
This thread should really go now ! :rant: :mad: :D

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Now, I asked the dealer if I can scrap this Factory crap and put in a AFE system from Dennis at NADP and they noted to me if I did there would be warranty issues then. Ive been on hold too long to get through to ford today and I will contact them by email.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Now, I asked the dealer if I can scrap this Factory crap and put in a AFE system from Dennis at NADP and they noted to me if I did there would be warranty issues then. Ive been on hold too long to get through to ford today and I will contact them by email.

What a bunch of horse cookies..... I am getting:mad:er with every post you make, Bet yer going NUTS ! :rant::mad: I got the same AFE air filter from NADP 3 yrs ago & never had a problem with it or any pig squeal from any ford dealers.... YET ! I don't think that bale of hay air filter would even burn if you wanted to cause it is so tightly packed, never mind let any air thru. :rolleyes:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who would of thought...... With all that testing in the harsh conditions :rolleyes: So much so that I didnot even watch the entire video... Too long ! :( Seen the same thing a few years ago with one !
This thread should really go now ! :rant: :mad: :D

Had a 98 ford 1/2 ton work truck did the exact same thing.. apparently they didn't learn anything

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont the AFE air kits open up the air box even more?? I heard not to run the cold air kits do to the packing of snow and ice in our great conditions??
Just asking, dont have a diesel yet to really be speaking out:sadbanana:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the air filter issues it costs me $637.00 for a return trip to McBride inc travel while there. Ouch :eek:.

Any dibs who wants to come with me on the next trip at that price.:D

what did that work out to to miles per gallon. or is that gallons per mile?:D

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've got me nervous now. I pulled my filter out today and it looked OK. I heard of some guys having similar problems with the 6.0l's.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just talked with Ford today about this issue. I wanted them to refund my money for the air filter, supply me with a FREE winter front as they advertise and also Fix this problem with some sort of a recall. They said the filter is a maintence issue :eek:. Thats alot if I have to change the $140 filter every 10000K. There engineers will be contacting me they say, My truck is booked in the dealer on Friday and they will be looking at the snow and Ice in the air filter. The new filter is allready getting covered in Snow and Ice allready after 2 days of driving. I'll keep you informed what they say. Im allready in contact with Global Troublshooters too.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pdf you posted said that the Winter Front has to be on the OUTSIDE of the grill, thats sounds really nice to look at. A big canvas across the front of your truck, just like 1979.

I seem to recall Ford had issues with there power strokes in exteme cold a few years back, and they were handing out tarps to cover in the lower part of the engine to help keep the heat in. This sounds like another Ford bandaid to a fairly basic problem.

Why don't they just wrap the whole front end in a huge blanket, they could even put a huge blue oval on it, that way everyone would know what underneath it.

Built Ford Tough ????

I could insert various "Should 'a bought a Dodge" comments here, but that would be rude, so I wont.

Good luck with your dealer, don't let them get away with it.

sled

Reaction score
Well that shows that me that ford just wanted to get that new truck on the market before they finshed with their tesing.Second thing is that you should have bought a DODGE.LOL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Truck is at dealer today getting looked at. My buddies 07 Dodge was on the hook last night with a fuel problem, so there no better, there all junk. One of our Carpenters at work has a 1987 GMC he would much rather drive that, no electronics, no issues..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with my air cleaner/filter on my '08 F350 so far, even driving during snowfall. Its kind of strange that not all F350s have the same problem. Let us know what Ford tells you Ron, Im pretty curious as to what B.S. line they're going to give to you.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I haven't had any problems with my air cleaner/filter on my '08 F350 so far, even driving during snowfall. Its kind of strange that not all F350s have the same problem. Let us know what Ford tells you Ron, Im pretty curious as to what B.S. line they're going to give to you.

They wont pay for a new filter, Im out $145.00 and I have fiqure out how to fix this myself. Geez im glad I forked out the 65000 for a new truck, now I have to keep stock on air filters in the back seat too. It wouldn't be so bad if they were $20.00 but $145 is abit much. I guess I will leave it with the Troubleshooters at Global news, I got pics and video's to show the Ice and snow buildup in the filter. Ford says its a reqular maintence issue..:eek: Huh!! The filter doesn't need to be changed for 30000 miles according to the manual.

Top Bottom