08 summit X mods

-albertaboy-

Reaction score
so im wanting to mod my sled, the machine is amazing already and i have tunnel stiffeners and a mbrp can on it. i dont think i need much more but it appears to be an addiction and i am feeling like i need more. so what are some bargain or best bang for your buck mods for my sled and what are the advantages of them?

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try vforce3 reeds,dynamo joe clutch kit,dynaport pipe and Y pipe. that should increase hp alot. have fun!!

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont bother with the reeds the origional 800r's were developed with vforce reeds in place, so the reeds in the 800r are modelled after the vforce 3's and there really isnt a big change from stock

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.
clutching is a good place to start
14-1 head is a good choice but you have to run race fuel
a pipe is ok but if you don't do the y pipe and add a high comp head its really not worth it.
NOS is fairly cheep and if your not stupid with the button you motor will live for a long time, but clutching becomes a issue

or do what im going to do this winter
engine tech 860 kit, aaen pipe, 14.1 head, porting and polishing, reflash the ecm, put the new billet thermostat in it (gets rid of the fade after repete pulls),new fancy clutch bits and either a 163 camo extreme or i might stretch it to a 174.
should be right around a 190-200 hp 500lb turbo chasser

but best bang for your buck is just clutching and the thermostat.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where would i be able to get a thermostat? and who makes them? or is it a new oem part on the 2010's?

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all of the dealers should be able to get them, there is a few companies that make them, i know specialty sleds in edmonton had them at the end of last winter, engine-tech.com also has them, i havent tryed it yet but a couple guys i know have them in there sleds and they say it makes a huge difference after a couple pulls and the sled also runs way cooler.
the skidoo ecm starts to retard the timing when it senses the coolant temp is getting hot and the stock thermostats dont open quick enough to stop the power loss.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol without a turbo they aren't worth sh!t in the mountains there great flat land sleds. I was a born and raised yami rider and I had a nytro that had a lot of cash into it and it never came close to my stock XP
They are to heavy for thw mountains. Yamaha's are Very reliable and you can make huge hp out of them but at 30 g tp do it I'll stick with my XP

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What improvements can be expected from putting on just an after market y-pipe.
i was looking at mine today and the stockers look pretty restrictive i put it up beside my old 500's y-pipe and the 500's was bigger. the pipe its self seems adequate in my mind
i was hoping somebodys been down this road and had some input?

Not to hijack the thread but i figured more than one person would be interested:d

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have researched, the Dynoport Y Pipe is probably a better bang for buck addon than the Dynoport Pipe.... If you have to choose just one. I think that together they would be best, but sometimes you can only have one...

cattamer

Reaction score
so im wanting to mod my sled, the machine is amazing already and i have tunnel stiffeners and a mbrp can on it. i dont think i need much more but it appears to be an addiction and i am feeling like i need more. so what are some bargain or best bang for your buck mods for my sled and what are the advantages of them?

Trade it in and get the new 2010 M8 160+ hp out of the crate only 455lbs:d

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.
clutching is a good place to start
14-1 head is a good choice but you have to run race fuel
a pipe is ok but if you don't do the y pipe and add a high comp head its really not worth it.
NOS is fairly cheep and if your not stupid with the button you motor will live for a long time, but clutching becomes a issue

or do what im going to do this winter
engine tech 860 kit, aaen pipe, 14.1 head, porting and polishing, reflash the ecm, put the new billet thermostat in it (gets rid of the fade after repete pulls),new fancy clutch bits and either a 163 camo extreme or i might stretch it to a 174.
should be right around a 190-200 hp 500lb turbo chasser

but best bang for your buck is just clutching and the thermostat.

If you're expecting 190-200hp your gonna need a 30-40hp shot on it as well.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey oil boy , the simplist way to mod your xp is to buy a yamaha.:nono:

That's what i did. built a turbo nytro, with all the good stuff except tunnel for less than any of the new sleds. sled and turbo kit were used.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have researched, the Dynoport Y Pipe is probably a better bang for buck addon than the Dynoport Pipe.... If you have to choose just one. I think that together they would be best, but sometimes you can only have one...

Will the dynoport y-pipe fit the stock pipe?

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should according to the dynoport website. I would call them to make sure if you are serious about it.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think im gunna try it, ill definately give them and call and see what they have to say

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know what they tell you. I'm curious on pricing this year as well for both the Y-pipe and Pipe. Thanks.

Top Bottom