08 M1000 153" Suspension Setup?

BruteCamo

Reaction score
Anybody have some suggestions for setting these up?
Tons of power, maybe too much? Has RK Tek clutch which helps with the backshift, again maybe too quick as it seems to trench as soon as you get into the throttle.
How do I get this thing up on top of the snow?

polcat27

Reaction score
Quick and sure fire method is to drop front torque arm in lower hole in tunnel bracket! You have to drill out tunnel, but is definitely better than stock!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the Geo mod on my '08 M8. Relocates the mounting point for the rear scissor on the bracket. Waaaaaay better transfer.:cool:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you find it (geo mod) and will it work on a 2007 M8?

The Geo Mod only works on the '08 Float skid. After some trial and error he ended up selling his Holtz skid and running the Cat skid in the new mounting locations. If you go onto........ shhhhhh (Snowest):eek: and search "Geo mod", or "skid frame tranfer" it should come up. I'll post a link later if I get a chance.:beer:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is for all M series skids

Jack up rear skid
Remove skid from sled
Remove front scissors
Put in new bushings in front arm and rails
Remove shock from front scissor
Set shock to the side
Remove rear scissor
Set complete rear scissor to the side. Keep the idler wheels.
Call Wade the Canadian ZBROZ rep....403-350-1599 order a ZBROZ shock
Call the Baker Boys....403-254-8686 order the R.E. rear suspension.
While you are waiting for parts to come in. Gather up all the parts you set aside. Drive them to the DUMP, or give them to someone you facking HATE.
003-8.jpg

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is for all M series skids

Jack up rear skid
Remove skid from sled
Remove front scissors
Put in new bushings in front arm and rails
Remove shock from front scissor
Set shock to the side
Remove rear scissor
Set complete rear scissor to the side. Keep the idler wheels.
Call Wade the Canadian ZBROZ rep....403-350-1599 order a ZBROZ shock
Call the Baker Boys....403-254-8686 order the R.E. rear suspension.
While you are waiting for parts to come in. Gather up all the parts you set aside. Drive them to the DUMP, or give them to someone you facking HATE.
003-8.jpg

what that mod set you back if you don't mind me askin'. Mine cost me dick

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what that mod set you back if you don't mind me askin'. Mine cost me dick

Not gonna fling chit but usually what you get for DICK is DICK-ALL.
We have tryed it all and changing the approach angle on the M series is the wrong way to go.
That skid is all new parts. About 4400.00 bucks in parts.

I dont mind paying whatever...As long as it works. The pay-out hurts way less than spending a lesser amount and it only works half azz.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fully agree with you Snotty; moving stuff around is not going to work anything like your set-up.:agree: If I had the $$$$, and could find the key to my wife's purse to get my b@ll$ out of it; I would have the sexiest skid frame in the west too. But......I did ride my sled before I did the Geo mod, and it is an improvement over stock. :Snowmobile1:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fully agree with you Snotty; moving stuff around is not going to work anything like your set-up.:agree: If I had the $$$$, and could find the key to my wife's purse to get my b@ll$ out of it; I would have the sexiest skid frame in the west too. But......I did ride my sled before I did the Geo mod, and it is an improvement over stock. :Snowmobile1:

I have never tryed the Geo Mod but have heard many good things. In fact Deano from Mad Motorsports will be installing a KMOD for us this summer. I hope we can some how use ZBROZ shocks with it.

p.s. I personally think air shocks on sleds DONT WORK. Progressively staged coil overs all the way.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I agree, throw the rear air shocks in the bush, been fighting with buddies 09 M8 all year. P.O.S.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, throw the rear air shocks in the bush, been fighting with buddies 09 M8 all year. P.O.S.

Mine had 135 psi in the rear shock;:eek: trenched like a fawkin backhoe.:rant: After the Geo mod and dropping the pressure to 105 psi it was much better.:cool: I think the progressive coil overs are the way to go if a guy wants to spend some cash and do it right. I don't see why the shock change can't be done with the Geo mod Snotty; should just be a direct swap and go deal. :beer:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not gonna fling chit but usually what you get for DICK is DICK-ALL.
We have tryed it all and changing the approach angle on the M series is the wrong way to go.
That skid is all new parts. About 4400.00 bucks in parts.

I dont mind paying whatever...As long as it works. The pay-out hurts way less than spending a lesser amount and it only works half azz.

I have to disagree. my dickall mod made a big difference to the stock set up. Now not to throw chit back at you, if you are on a limited buget these mods are well worth the money.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. my dickall mod made a big difference to the stock set up. Now not to throw chit back at you, if you are on a limited buget these mods are well worth the money.

If you have never run a Top Shelf system, what you consider as a big difference may be in actuality very little difference.
You cant grade or gauge anything in life unless you compare it to the very BEST.
A chit sandwich compared to double chit sandwich has alot of Difference. But I ain't eating either of them.
I'am happy your happy with your skid
I'am happy I'am happy with mine.
The World is perfect now

KingCatz

Reaction score
Try the external res from Nextech.

Mine had 135 psi in the rear shock;:eek: trenched like a fawkin backhoe.:rant: After the Geo mod and dropping the pressure to 105 psi it was much better.:cool: I think the progressive coil overs are the way to go if a guy wants to spend some cash and do it right. I don't see why the shock change can't be done with the Geo mod Snotty; should just be a direct swap and go deal. :beer:

Top Bottom