07 Dmax Troubles

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one have insite to a 07 classic dmax 240k on it loosing coolant can smell it and overheats on a long hard pull, have had rad and coolers cleaned out, had to replace small coolant hose to turbo it was brittle and leaking, temp gauge moves all over the place from above 100 and down to below 75, local dealer says it could be headgasket starting to give out, a test in morning when it is cold you should br able to squeese rad hose easily and if not most likely head gasket 5g to do it ouch, any insite.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good head gaskets, after sitting all nite from warm

Top rad hose is collapsed

But coolant leak of any kind will also not collapse hose

Check water pump with that amount of km, weep hole at lh front side of block

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does the coolant smell come from? Out the exhaust or from the front area? Does sound like head gasket, but I'd check the cheap things like the EGR cooler first.
Yes, could take egr valve off and check fir coolant soaked carbon, not too bad to do

Will need some new gaskets

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does the coolant smell come from? Out the exhaust or from the front area? Does sound like head gasket, but I'd check the cheap things like the EGR cooler first.

Smell comes from front of engine.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good head gaskets, after sitting all nite from warm

Top rad hose is collapsed

But coolant leak of any kind will also not collapse hose

Check water pump with that amount of km, weep hole at lh front side of block
Well rad hose has no resistance in it at all so this is good going to get water pump checked out hopefully time for a dually anyway.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '06 would suck the top rad hose down, but all that was is the breather on the coolant tank cap gumming up. I replaced it, but you can take them off and soak them in water to clean it.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '06 would suck the top rad hose down, but all that was is the breather on the coolant tank cap gumming up. I replaced it, but you can take them off and soak them in water to clean it.
Well from new i have never seen the rad hose collapsed often wondered why it always seemed like no coolant in it when cold.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Take off the coolant overflow tank cap, wash it in soapy water, if not just buy a new cap, they're cheap insurance. When was the last time you changed thermostats, and the coolant? Fan clutch going out?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The top hose shouldn't collapse. It should just be soft when it cools down. Hard means likely a headgasket, sucked in/collapsed is likely a bad expansion tank cap.
Coolant smell around the front of the engine could be a water pump or thermostat seal or bypass pipe seal leak. I had the same issue with my '07 and found it was the thermostat rubber seal was shot making just enough of a leak I could smell it but not see it.

EGR failures with coolant leaks aren't that common. Not likely your issue. You would smell it in your exhaust also.

Last edited:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well headgaskets good ,checked cooling system no leaks everything normal, will see when i hook to trailer not sre what to think.

Top Bottom