06 Polaris 800

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lift kit it in ,super light tires and rims from super grip on order,Clutch kit done,installing reverse override,temp gauge,and fan on of overide switch this week,NOW need some ideas about exhaust.Can a person just build it or do I have to order one(want true dual)what have other people done here

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see if they make one from HMF they do for the 500 and the full system sounds great my buddy put it on his last year and enjoys it.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for duals there is hsp and wileyco. those are the ones i no of. personally i would not waist 800 on true duals. sure they sound good but thats all they do. plus alot of guys are having trouble melting the plastic with them.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you want duels but Ive got brand new in the box Big Gun full exhaust kit. It comes with the twin headder and pipe. Im asking $400.00

Attachments

• 9ff3_1.jpg
    9ff3_1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 282

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you want duels but Ive got brand new in the box Big Gun full exhaust kit. It comes with the twin headder and pipe. Im asking $400.00

That does sound like a good deal but I am thinking of building a system so that I can snorkle it.I will keep it in mind and thank you for the offer.Does anybody know what is inside these cans,are they baffles or straight through like a glass pack.:thumbsup2:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are strait through and the black tip can come off and a made snorkel can be put on

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well installed the temp.gauge and fan overide switch and revers overide switch. Orderd them from quadovator and they worked excellent easy to do and very good instuctions. I would highly recomend this to anyone.:perfect10::thumbsup2:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if its the supertrapp mudslinger you are refering to my recommend is if you want a 90cc dirt bike sound get the bike not the pipe. Thats what mine sounded like high pitch. Ask the guys that rode behind me they will say the same thing. Too bad they couldnt catch up to strangle me:Cla:

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has done snorkles on this kind of bike is it worth it or should just leave it.:d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did them on my 500 which is the same body and frame. personally i don't think it is worth it on the sportsmans. the stock snorkels are right up under the gas cap. you can go deep enough with stock ones. i out them on and neve evn had to use them on the quad rallies. i got in some deep spots but the stock ones would have been above the water.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I think I will leave it alone with the new tires and rims the intake is about 42" from ground.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya when you add a lift and bigger tires you gain alot more intake hight. even if you do get in a deep situation just lean back, give it gas and wheelie her out of there.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt do the air box intake but I did do the clutch case because of where the over the gas tank clutch tube was. In the deep even the slightest burp on the throttle the right front tire would spit up into that tube and then game over. after I did the snorks never had a wet belt again.

Top Bottom