04 800 Vertical Edge

zduck14

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just starting out and I have a line on a 2004 RMK 800 Vertical Edge. I was just wondering if you guys think this would be a decent starting sled. I rode my dad's 700 dragon quite a few times last year and loved it but don't exactly have the funds to acquire a new sled like his. I've been told the 800 may be slightly big to start out but I'm a pretty big guy and can throw around my brothers M8 just fine. Just wanted to know what the 04 Vertical Edge machines were like and if they had any real pressing issues.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Great sleds and a leader in the mountains at the time. The only thing it lacks is the compensating carbs, meaning your going to have to jet each time you go to the mountains.
From there it's what you want to do to improve it. I'd start stock and then consider your options. You will be really happy with it.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great sleds and a leader in the mountains at the time. The only thing it lacks is the compensating carbs, meaning your going to have to jet each time you go to the mountains.
From there it's what you want to do to improve it. I'd start stock and then consider your options. You will be really happy with it.

Yes but at the same tie you can get the aftermarket compensators and although I have never used them (just because I ride ski-doo otherwise I would install on everything) I have heard that they work good, There has to be someone on here with experience with the aftermarket version.

Good sleds, and should be plenty of sled for just starting out!!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a great sled a friend of mine use to ride one and it worked great. As a stock sled he went over turbo mountain 3 times in one day. So yeah it should be plenty of sled to start out with.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ran that same sled with the ATTAC compensating system. Has alway worked perfect. It would be the first addition if doing it again. I still have the ATTAC and still mounted it the air box. Very easy install pm me if you are interested in it. Don't need it anymore and need to clean out the garage.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be aware of the 800 crank issues. Do a search on here or try SW. Great sled, I bought one with 1100miles on it last fall, but by 1300miles the crank snapped. I believe it was a really early case, as most do not ha ve trouble untill 2-3k miles. I'm very fortunate that I'm getting the work done by a friend, so maybe $1100 to repair, but otherwise it would be a lot more.

Just me aware. I'm glad I got my machine, and they all have issues, but if you have to put $2k into a machine you paid 5-6k for, you're getting very close to a new one.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have a 01 800 RMK. Not as good a chassis as the Vertical Edge, but a strong sled.
You can have a lot of fun and upgrade if required.
Mine has a hopped up motor (race fuel), piped, light weighted, mountain hood, Mod skis and a 159" x 16" wide x 2" track...goes like jack the bear.

Attachments

• IMG_8793_1.jpg
    IMG_8793_1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8794_1.jpg
    IMG_8794_1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 121

zduck14

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the advice. Now the other sled I'm looking at is a 2002 RMK 700 with about 4400 miles. This one would be for my girlfriend as she loves to ride. Just wondering what to look for when I go have a look at them and what kind of questions to ask.

GRD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just starting out and I have a line on a 2004 RMK 800 Vertical Edge. I was just wondering if you guys think this would be a decent starting sled. I rode my dad's 700 dragon quite a few times last year and loved it but don't exactly have the funds to acquire a new sled like his. I've been told the 800 may be slightly big to start out but I'm a pretty big guy and can throw around my brothers M8 just fine. Just wanted to know what the 04 Vertical Edge machines were like and if they had any real pressing issues.

I'm selling a 2004 RMK Vertical Escape (Snowcheck model) it is in the classifieds. I'm looking to get a bigger sled... Plently of power for a started sled.

Top Bottom