03 Summit 800 Ho electrical issues...Help

belch1217

Reaction score
My headlight is dim when idling then it get bright for a second when I get on the throttle and then dims down again, tried unplugging the koso and turning off the hand warmers and it still does it. I think it is the voltage regulator but just looking for some more opinions. Also my light on the dash is on with the exclamation mark, I know it comes on when i apply the brake but the brake light still works fine and the oil is full so I have no clue on that problem,could it possibly be the sender at the bottom of the oil tank. :confused:

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
regulator would be easiest place to start but could be lighting coil in stator?? as far as the warning lite on dash ...its workin properly as its a dual function lite one for low oil in bottle and also if E BRAKE is on!! hope this helps cheers:beer:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull the pipe in front of the recoil by the voltage reg check the wires & plugs

belch1217

Reaction score
I will try a new voltage reg tomorrow and see if it works. I tested the headlight voltage and it runs and 12.5 to 13 volts at idle then down to 6.5 or so when throttle is applied. Even sitting at idle and turning on hand warmers dims the light so hopefully it is the regulator.:beer::beer:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the stator as well .I had the stator go on my 02 800 summit and when it goes you get no spark.It was a long tow back

Top Bottom