2013 Pro RMK Release

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am curious if you were to break a belt while climbing, how the heck you slow the sled down...brake rotor wrong place....

Same thing as when the chain brakes....you dont lol. I think its a cool idea, but no tensioner?? This will kinda suck for gearing with bigger tracks, as the tension will change with diff gear options. Im sure the after market will step in and build something. I was thinking about building a new pro for the sled show with a 1100 power addiction twin but looking at the belt I might be bolting a chaincase back on.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing as when the chain brakes....you dont lol. I think its a cool idea, but no tensioner?? This will kinda suck for gearing with bigger tracks, as the tension will change with diff gear options. Im sure the after market will step in and build something. I was thinking about building a new pro for the sled show with a 1100 power addiction twin but looking at the belt I might be bolting a chaincase back on.

Doo had the good idea putting the brake on the drive axle. No worries if the chain breaks. Good on Polaris for pushing the envelope for 2013. People laughed when the Rev came out but they aren't anymore. It changed the way the manufacturers thought things out which benefitted us all.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most people aren't worried about a Polaris breaking a chain though...troll troll troll haha I have actually never piled up the chain on a Doo but being able to tow a sled out and still have brakes is nice.

If you want to do different gear options you have to carry the proper belt length to match.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm sure the aftermarket will have that covered...

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sa weet looking changes!!! 10-15 more hp out of the engine...oh oh, I smell trouble. I am well aware of their engine promises (own a 09 Assault). They built a Pro in SnowTech magazine that weighed the same. Guess we will see the full result Friday!!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking if Polaris is saving the best for last, what in the world are they going to announce tomorrow?

Just in... 2011 Pro-RMK 163 for sale. If someone out there wants to take advantage of my weakness for shiny new toys give me a shout.:d

i have a 2011 pro for sale as well... mine is red !!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2011 pro for sale as well... mine is red !!!!

belt drive is sweet. as long as they come out with some belt and gearing options. im sure aftermarket will have this taken care of before they even hit the snow.

and ya.....now im curious for you turbo guys what kind of hp this belt is going to be good for.

doesnt look like it would have been that hard to throw that brake rotor behind the big gear on the driveshaft. o well

now it will be a suprise when you hear a BANG. o boy which belt! brakes? weeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are not all the cmx mod sleds turboed?? they must hold up to the power

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all you folks that are worried about breaking the belt and loosing braking ability...ask yourself if you worried the same about the chain drive systems. Break a chain and you may not have had braking either. So what is the diff. One thing to consider is that these belt drives are far less likely to break than a chain and are stronger. Yes stronger. At my work we changed out sychronous chains to these types of belts to improve the machines.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this belt stands up quite well (longer version) on blown race apps, nitro, alky and pro mod-they last pretty well-pretty instense load driving that huffer. Hopefully durable here as well.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks identical to a timing belt which have no problem going 120k+ km before needing replacement and many see 10,000+ rpm regularly. If anything this will be even tougher with kevlar construction.

I have a good friend that operates a brushing and mulching business and the heads have a similar belt driving the rotating drum with cutting teeth on it. The machines have up to 450hp and chew through 8-12" trees.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all you folks that are worried about breaking the belt and loosing braking ability...ask yourself if you worried the same about the chain drive systems. Break a chain and you may not have had braking either. So what is the diff. One thing to consider is that these belt drives are far less likely to break than a chain and are stronger. Yes stronger. At my work we changed out sychronous chains to these types of belts to improve the machines.

that was already answered by snopro...guys on newer Doo's never have to worry with the location of their brake rotor...just sayin.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a link to the belt that is used on the C3 drive and i would guess that the Polaris will be the same. Good info if interested. These have only been out for a couple years so not the same as blower belts used in earlier years as some are speculating.
Gates Corporation

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess to reference gearing, you would have to stick with ratios now. The old 21/45 gearing is gonna be a thing of the past. I am sure the belts would stay the same length, and the pulleys would be designed to take up the slack. I bet "re-gearing" will be triple $$$ that of the ol' gear 'n' chain.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of peeps lurking, waiting for someone to pull a rabbit out of there hat. Lol.

Top Bottom