Helmet Laws

stealth 800

Reaction score
I hope this law is passed .There are to many fools that ride without helmets .:nono:

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We don't need the government to give us more laws i agree you need to use helmets when rideing but I don't need the government to tell me

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another case of how a few uneducated or just plain stubborn idiots cause another law to be enacted. I hate helmets too but I wear one whenever I plan on riding over about 5mph, I don't wear one if I'm doing yard work with my Ranger. I wonder if these helmet laws will pertain to ride 'em lawnmowers without ROPS or just OHV's?

Jay K

Reaction score
In the absence of personal responsibility comes regulation.
Met a friend of a riding companion last year at Allan Creek.
No Pieps, no shovel, no recovery gear.
Helmet unbuckled, then took OFF while highmarking!!!!
I told him I would not waste time digging out if he triggered slide, and left him to his own fun.
This is why we get the gov involved in our lives.:nono:

Last edited:

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope they push this through. If you can afford to buy the machine you can afford the helmet.

Funny you say that when sig shows you Not wearing a helmet..

:eek:Just for the record I am one of the stupid ones..not wearing a helmet even though wife threatens:lol2: to beat me with my brand new helmet:rolleyes:

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you wear a helmet, it doesn't affect you. It's against the law to drink while riding, I still know people that do that too (I don't ride with them, I just know them). The stubborn ones will still ride without, the ones that change their behaviour can only reduce the injury stats.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know most times when you buy a new machine, is you sweet talk the salesman they usualy throw in a free helmet. i will admit not wearing one when pizzing around in the mud but when racing down the road or any other time its on, i had a big accident on a yz450f and if it wasn't for my helmet i probably wouldn't be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i aswell, hope they pass it, we choose to play hard an ride hard, well we need that extra little bit of protection,

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we need that extra little bit of protection I agree I just don't belive the government needs to make it a law Darwin's law works fine for me

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The government has to get involved, simply because there are too many people that don't wear a helmet. Common sense isn't that common anymore...
I wear a helmet whether I'm on my bike, quad, or sled, and so do others I ride with. Booze is out of the equation until the day is done. If more people wore the gear, left the liquor at home, and respected boundaries, we wouldn't have as many land closures and negative press in the media... my 2 cents.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We don't need the government to give us more laws i agree you need to use helmets when rideing but I don't need the government to tell me

Yes i agree you may not need the government to tell you but the ones who figure they are tougher without one do need govt to tell them. We and our kids wear all the time even when im hunting (ya it sucks then when you drive stupidly slow) but years of knowledge can not be replaced once lost

Top Bottom