Technical Riding competition

rsw84

Reaction score
What do ya think of organizing a technical riding competition, turn it into a yearly event/maybe one day association... maybe this has been doen before ?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its a good idea man way better than just a hillclimb kinda like the freeski championships gnarliest line wins

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG i would be all over this. great idea. ive often thought about doing something like this. rather than who can throw the most money at there climber sled and point it up

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG i would be all over this. great idea. ive often thought about doing something like this. rather than who can throw the most money at there climber sled and point it up
you just wrecked it. no one is going to enter to get second place. thanks maxwell

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly sometime in march probably let the snow pack settle in maybe but yeah man great idea something were u need skill and not a ton of money to win

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'll drink beer and watch..... is there going to be a dismount competition???

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Airport chutes in Revy would be a good spot... Some lines are doable on stockers.

Second vote would be the Airport chutes in Casltegar... Not as easy to watch the event, since you have to drop down and climb back out of an ugly chute to get to them.

We have an event up Lemon Creek, North of Castlegar in the Slocan Valley, called Meteor Mine Hill climbs... Involves a course with some jumps, then a hill climb... Based on best time, but it tends to get a little goofy.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly sometime in march probably let the snow pack settle in maybe but yeah man great idea something were u need skill and not a ton of money to win

unfortunately skill will only get you so far. after that you need good equipment as well IMO. If you guys are thinking of something like a "burandt/rasmussen" style of riding it might be kinda hard to judge a technical competition in really tight trees because of lack of visibility for the judges. If you want to vote by "crowd" favourite then you need a place there will be a crowd and someplace they can spectate from. Kinda why the big iron was held where it was held.

Also, there needs to be a qualified definition of what "technical" means. Some guys call it a technical climb if they have to avoid the one and only tree on a 10 degree slope, others only call it technical if you can't see through the trees and the slope is more than 30 degrees.

rsw84

Reaction score
Yeah lets form some sort of committee type thing and have a vote online for the location, i mean we are at the mercy of the snowgods and everyone is going to want to go somewhere diff so lets start to think of where and what and see how it goes. should be pretty fac*kin sweet boys im stoked already :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

rsw84

Reaction score
unfortunately skill will only get you so far. after that you need good equipment as well IMO. If you guys are thinking of something like a "burandt/rasmussen" style of riding it might be kinda hard to judge a technical competition in really tight trees because of lack of visibility for the judges. If you want to vote by "crowd" favourite then you need a place there will be a crowd and someplace they can spectate from. Kinda why the big iron was held where it was held.

Also, there needs to be a qualified definition of what "technical" means. Some guys call it a technical climb if they have to avoid the one and only tree on a 10 degree slope, others only call it technical if you can't see through the trees and the slope is more than 30 degrees.

yeah man we need some smarts and experience from the pioneers to pull this off .... im all out on both

rsw84

Reaction score
i was thinking more like a race or something but have to do some tree lines and some weird chit LOL.

ya man like up hill turns down hill turns tight little pulls and up through the trees, im sure we could come up with some sort of criteria that would have to be met or you would be DQ'd or penalized....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya man like up hill turns down hill turns tight little pulls and up through the trees, im sure we could come up with some sort of criteria that would have to be met or you would be DQ'd or penalized....

I love this idea-- When and where. I will photograph :)

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't you guys realize that promoting this type of thing will encourage more people to practice technical riding, therefore tracking out the secret stashes that only you can get to right now?

Tree riding sucks! Highmark comp all the way!:d

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
unfortunately skill will only get you so far. Also, there needs to be a qualified definition of what "technical" means. Some guys call it a technical climb if they have to avoid the one and only tree on a 10 degree slope, others only call it technical if you can't see through the trees and the slope is more than 30 degrees.

your point is??????

Top Bottom