03 Mountain Cat 800 EFI ?

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are some opinions on the 2003 Mountain Cat 800 EFI. 144" Some extra's on sled like risers, thing can, 1200 kms, in "MINT" condition.

Are the engines reliable?
Any issues?
Approx. Value?

Someone wants to trade me this sled for my 06 RMK 900, 166".....what do you think? :d

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
a straight across trade ?

value i would say 3-4thousand depending on shape

engines are pretty torqui
love mine but its a 151

also have a 2002 800efi 151 for sale if ure interested :)

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a straight across trade ?

value i would say 3-4thousand depending on shape

engines are pretty torqui
love mine but its a 151

also have a 2002 800efi 151 for sale if ure interested :)

The other guy wants a straight across trade, I want some cash difference. He doesnt think it worth any more than his 800 AC.
Thats why Im asking my S&M buddies for some input.
I thought his sled would be worth around $4500, and that mine is worth around $6500. Hes offering me $500 and the sled. I want to be fair. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris 900s were chit sleds. I would trade in a heart beat.

I hear that alot, but many guys say if its set up right, there awesome sleds. Its either you love them or hate them... I love the style, the look, but all I know is that its WAY to much sled for me and the kind of riding we do. :d

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same sled except 151 and it is good - solid sled . All of the chassis of that nature ( i have seen) have a crack in the tunnel near the bottom by the foot rest ( at the slit where the tunnel angle changes - check below the foot rest). It is easy to fix the crack and occurs after about 1000 miles. Mine has 1900 miles and I think it is worth only $3000 as a stock sled ( except drop brackets and a 2" handle bar riser ). EFI works great.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looking at the numbers... Mare your sled is 3 years newer, bigger engine, a lot more track....i think there should be some difference payed because your sled is deffinitly worth more 4000-4500.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just looking at the numbers... Mare your sled is 3 years newer, bigger engine, a lot more track....i think there should be some difference payed because your sled is deffinitly worth more 4000-4500.

Thanks, I agree, but is $6900 unrealistic on my sled? :d

max900

Reaction score
Thanks, I agree, but is $6900 unrealistic on my sled? :d

6900 is a bit high. bought a bran new 06 900 0ne week ago for 7800 i would say yours is worth 5 to 5500 good luck mare did you get that shock yet let me know when you get it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6900 is a bit high. bought a bran new 06 900 0ne week ago for 7800 i would say yours is worth 5 to 5500 good luck mare did you get that shock yet let me know when you get it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi MAX.. No, I never got it yet, but our Greyhound isnt open on weekends. I want to thank you again for helping me out. Might be able to ride the sled next week, has been sitting for a while now. :d

max900

Reaction score
Hi MAX.. No, I never got it yet, but our Greyhound isnt open on weekends. I want to thank you again for helping me out. Might be able to ride the sled next week, has been sitting for a while now. :d

you bet let me know on monday

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rock solid motor. One of Cats best. Lots can be done to it. Tons of torque.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mare did you get that shock yet let me know when you get it:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi MAX900
Just letting you know the shock came in today. I REALLY appreciate it. Good to know that there are still good poeple out there willing to help another out. YOUR A GOOD GUY... THANKS MAX 900. :d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what he said X2. Buyer owes you at least $1200 in cash IMO to make a fair trade. His "03" isn't worth the same as an "06". Don't let him give you the BS about the history of the Pol 900, if he cared about that, he wouldn't be offering to buy your sled.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did finally see some pictures of the sled. It is nice looking, but pictures CAN be deceiving. It has a clear tank.... heard bad things about those too.. not sure if its rumor. A CAT dealer told me they get scummy due to sun light... tanks have to be removed and cleaned yearly.
FACT OR FICTION???? :confused:

Either way, I do like the sled but not giving mine away.... Had some good advice from a fellow S&M'er and Im holding firm to what I want from my RMK 900. Whether I sell it, or get a good trade.... it can sit until then. Maybe next year, my financial situation will be MUCH BETTER, and I can take it to the BIG hills. :d

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RED FLAG! why does it have a clear tank? or did these come stock.... only could have been changed for a couple reasons.. broken..or light wheight. both of which should tell you something about the sled. however sounds like you've ditched this trade idea anyways :d

o and isnt there something about sunlight breaking down fuel? i mean there has to be a reason the majority of tanks are coloured..

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RED FLAG! why does it have a clear tank? or did these come stock.... only could have been changed for a couple reasons.. broken..or light wheight. both of which should tell you something about the sled. however sounds like you've ditched this trade idea anyways :d

o and isnt there something about sunlight breaking down fuel? i mean there has to be a reason the majority of tanks are coloured..

I thought that only the SNO PRO sleds had white/clear tanks!! Correct me if I'm wrong.
I do like the sled but he doesnt want to give me the cash I want to make it a fair trade, so I will wait.... Someone will want my MONSTER sled. :d

Top Bottom