the OFFICIAL sled deck thread

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a 8ft Classic Marathon deck i was going to bolt it in. Was thinking of using 4x6 1/8" thick plate in front and back also was thinking of putting a thick composite rubber under the deck legs in the truck box. What you guys think that would work like??

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those with the classic marathons, how much flex are you seeing side to side when loaded? Mine moves easily an inch each way when loaded. Doesn't seem normal to me

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I've checked it all over a couple times. No cracks at all. It's barely used. With a load on it I tried to shake it back and forth and it looks like the legs are bending a bit

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those with the classic marathons, how much flex are you seeing side to side when loaded? Mine moves easily an inch each way when loaded. Doesn't seem normal to me

It's marathon junk. The deck will flex some when you have machines loaded on it especially if it's a single wheel truck as compared to a dually. Top heavy and body roll.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I've checked it all over a couple times. No cracks at all. It's barely used. With a load on it I tried to shake it back and forth and it looks like the legs are bending a bit

Maybe you can clarify, is the deck shaking from side to side?

It shouldnt move at all. Mine is bolted thru the box and if I shake it at all the only movement is suspension of the truck. Cracks in the welds are extremely hard to see.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it's moving side to side. I looked at the legs and shook it and it looks like the legs themselves are bending

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it bolted in? Does it look like the legs have been modified?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea sorry it's bolted through. Sitting on 7x12 pieces of plywood. Legs are original and unmodified

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea sorry it's bolted through. Sitting on 7x12 pieces of plywood. Legs are original and unmodified

well than, better post a video while you rock it side to side. im outta ideas.

Did Marathon ever have a metal X bracing the front two legs together? Maybe if they did it was removed?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea marathon has the X bracing and it's still there. The legs I just noticed are bowed out about a 1/2" from the top of the leg to the bottom. Not sure if that would cause this but I'm going to tie them together to straighten them up on bottom with a piece of plate across the box and see if that helps

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Marathon extension will bolt right up on the Marlon? I'd imagine it would but want to make sure. I'm sick of this Marathon deck already

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I went over every inch of it and can't find anything. Tried snugging up the bolts throughout the deck a bit but nothing was loose and it changed nothing

Top Bottom