first ride this year!! WOOHOO!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was up on the microwave.... where we built the new cabin this fall....

Oooh! The new cabin looks nice! There is obviously enough snow to make it that far to the cabin :) How far in is it compared to the old cabin? We went up on quads this summer, but we didnt see the new one being built...

Thanks for the pics--- this makes me HAAAAAAHHHHPPPPPY!!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up today.... had another dump of snow last night, about 8" on the open areas, and about a foot in the trees. I even managed to get stuck a few time..... OK, I can hear all those smart azz remarks...lol...snow conditions were fantastic, visibilty sucked tho....it was snowing again when we started heading down.

Got to try out the new sno pro.... (not mine, a friends.)

yah know just as i read the stuck part a smart azz remark popped into my head and then i read the second part lol cool pic!

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
omfg. i want to go riding so bad like. i live pretty much on the border of sask and A;berta so its a long drive to the mtn's fr me. lol thats it i had enough ima be a sled mechanic for the rest of my life and live in the mountains :)

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i am headed out there this weekend where are you riding? gunna need directions ( not to smithers but the parking lot)

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did you think of the new polaris??? is the hype for real??? just askin!

Ya know..... to be honest, I had a terrible time with it.... I got on it and the first thing i did was flop it over... and again... and again....UG!!! It took all my concentration to just keep the track on the snow... One thing i did notice was the very slow and smooth throttle, mine has a lot more jam at the start. I couldn't stretch it's legs much because of the poor visibility, and my poor riding ability!!! :d I will try it again in better weather and let ya know...

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oooh! The new cabin looks nice! There is obviously enough snow to make it that far to the cabin :) How far in is it compared to the old cabin? We went up on quads this summer, but we didnt see the new one being built...

Thanks for the pics--- this makes me HAAAAAAHHHHPPPPPY!!

When you went up this summer did you come in from the telkwa river side or the pine creek side? Most people do come in from the telkwa river side, and the new cabin is just on the top of the hill past the hydro tower.... you can see the tower from the cabin and the cabin roof from the tower. We didn't start building the cabin till the end of august, and it took us about 6 weekend to do it. It's not completly done yet, a bit of trim on the inside and the front gable end has to be done. I will paint all the trim next summer.... come check it out if you can!

Last edited:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya know..... to be honest, I had a terrible time with it.... I got on it and the first thing i did was flop it over... and again... and again....UG!!! It took all my concentration to just keep the track on the snow... One thing i did notice was the very slow and smooth throttle, mine has a lot more jam at the start. I couldn't stretch it's legs much because of the poor visibility, and my poor riding ability!!! :d I will try it again in better weather and let ya know...

i dont think it was the whether or your riding ability!;):d

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i am headed out there this weekend where are you riding? gunna need directions ( not to smithers but the parking lot)

Turn left at the lights in telkwa, stay on that road till the 2nd "y" in the road and go down telkwa river road till 19.5 km and there is the parking lot. Depending on how much snow and how cold it is this week ( they are calling for it to warm up :( ) you may have to drive up the the road by the parking lot till you can't go any farther and unload there.... then giddy up.... let the fun begin!! :d:d:d You're all welcome to share my playground!!

We will probably be going again this weekend so just let me know if you want farther directions....

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up today.... had another dump of snow last night, about 8" on the open areas, and about a foot in the trees. I even managed to get stuck a few time..... OK, I can hear all those smart azz remarks...lol...snow conditions were fantastic, visibilty sucked tho....it was snowing again when we started heading down.

Got to try out the new sno pro.... (not mine, a friends.)

Nice!!! Time to move already...

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i think we are gunna book a room and drive out sat night so if your going sunday could use a guide. looks like fun even got the other half excited.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What are you used to riding?

Top Bottom