Best Muff pot meal!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW.................I believe the proper way this is done is to ride hard your self all day WITH them and have THEM COOK FOR YOU when you all return. Screw the ladies cook thing..this is not the stone age!!!!LOL (just joking)

Your a good woman, better than me!!!:bowdown:

AAAAMEN to that... Preach it sister!

freejay

Reaction score
For those with an M sled

I put it right on the joint between the y-pipe and the pipe. I recommend getting a T style clamp (I think they are used on boost tubing normally) The standard hose clamp provided didn't hold up too well. I also tried it mounted on my can but it didn't get nearly as hot. Now I use the Snackerpackers to keep things clean

091.jpg

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those with an M sled

I put it right on the joint between the y-pipe and the pipe. I recommend getting a T style clamp (I think they are used on boost tubing normally) The standard hose clamp provided didn't hold up too well. I also tried it mounted on my can but it didn't get nearly as hot. Now I use the Snackerpackers to keep things clean

091.jpg

That looks like kind of an iffy place to store your ammo freejay. Cookoffs are a biatch:d:d:d

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmmmm....I had leftover halibut and veggies from Zalas last weekend...threw it in an oven bag and had a yummy muff pot lunch the next day. :)

This obviously wouldn't suffice for you big boyz. ;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Mmmmm....I had leftover halibut and veggies from Zalas last weekend...threw it in an oven bag and had a yummy muff pot lunch the next day. :)

This obviously wouldn't suffice for you big boyz. ;)

The food has always been great at Zala's! I bet with the seasoning getting an extra day, the meal in the Muff Pot was awesome!! All it requires is a little imagination......on top of the mountain and Zala's are catering..:party:

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I put my pot just after the Y pipe and wow she cooks good after a couple of pulls. My almost favorite is cabbage rolls but some of the recipes on here I got to try! For the quick warm up "one hill pull" (337 deg. temp) It toasts egg salad sandwiches just right. Tried chicken alfrado with rice, that was good.

[media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/members/beeonaplug-albums-my-paint-picture8484-sledding-2010-007.jpg[/media]

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fernie for reposting this for me....
I bet there is still a ton of other ideas for muffpot meals out there.
1.Hot dogs and sausages
2.Cabbage rolls
3.Pot pies
4.Crisps
5.Seafoods
6.Burritos, taquitos
7. Left overs ie pizza, steak and potatoes, etc

Gotta be more ideas, I am sure anythign you can imagine would be good in the muffpot

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these ideas make me hungery, but I still cant find a place to mount it on my Crossfire. :(

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those with an M sled

091.jpg
I have tried EVERY possible way to mount it, still hits the hood, and I can not close it. My exhaust is different than the M, I will go out and take a picture and post it. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I am dealing with. I have tried in EVERY spot, and it still hits the hood. I have tried by the curve going into my MBRP can, I have tried just before the Y pipe, I have tried on the pipe itself.....NO LUCK.
WHAT CAN I DO ???? :d

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 314

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the best I have done is frozen shrimp scampi from Costco and Perogies. The butter and seasonings are already frozen on each shrimp, just throw 7 to 10 shrimp and a few perogies in a cooking bag that seals (I tried 3 layers of foil and it still got butter on the pipe) throw it on the pipe for an hour+ and ride.

Don't get it now though, we are out of Perogies and you cannot get them here in Montana.
Tell you what, you snocheck a new 800 ETEC Summit and bring it across the border for me, and I'll pay you in perogies!!

shaneo11

Reaction score
I know some people who cut up steak, potato's, onions, mushrooms, peppers and some salt and pepper in an oven bag and wrap it up for a nice hot meal on the mountain.

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell you what, you snocheck a new 800 ETEC Summit and bring it across the border for me, and I'll pay you in perogies!!

That would be a crap load of Perogies. And if I was coming across the border, I could get them myself. I need to suck it up and go get my passport. 2.5 more years and I will be free to move where I want. (My son is still in high school) Not sure if the hubby and I going to move to Canada or stay in the US. I want to move to 100 Mile House. Don't ask why, it was just a point on a map that I picked out with my eyes closed.

My muff pot is just after the Y-Pipe on my M8 and pizza in a cook bag comes out crispy on the bottom. Better than right out of the oven I think. My son now wants to warm up pizza slices on my sled at home.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is what I am dealing with. I have tried in EVERY spot, and it still hits the hood. I have tried by the curve going into my MBRP can, I have tried just before the Y pipe, I have tried on the pipe itself.....NO LUCK.
WHAT CAN I DO ???? :d

You answered your own question......You said it in the last sentence.....get a DOO and the Muff Pot will fit great. Then you can doo the shrimp and perogy thing and put a big smile on your face.......good luck

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You answered your own question......You said it in the last sentence.....get a DOO and the Muff Pot will fit great. Then you can doo the shrimp and perogy thing and put a big smile on your face.......good luck

LOL, not gonna happen. I will never buy a DOO product....ever. :d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bringing this to the top once again!

I have been to 7 dealers and No HotPots nor MuffPots? Most have been out since Xmas. Steeltown and Cristy don't have them, Mr. R's doesn't have them and some won't admit to even knowing what they are....

I am not in a panic as we're pretty much finished for the season (I'll still have an occasional ride) but it would be nice to get one on the new machine. I don't want to break the bank with shipping so when I go somewhere I'll pick one up sometime.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe try recreation supply, or royal distributing, if they have them , ou will get at your door in a few days, same price, maybe less.

Top Bottom