Your Tax dollars at work!!!!

IG650

Reaction score
[h=2][/h]
Contributing Monkie
Published on January 8, 2009
Filed Under , Tags ,

| Tweet

If you believe the conventional widsom that prison sentences are for designed solely for rehabilitation (as opposted to retribution), Austria’s Leoben Justice Centre may very well be the leader in turning lives around. If you believe that those responsible for heinous crimes deserve to suffer in squalor, wretched conditions, however, you might want to stop reading this and go rent a Linda Blair prison movie.
Those of us who’ve toured Alcatraz in San Francisco can imagine the cold, harsh, unfeeling reality facing years of hard time. You committed a crime and now you must pay for it by enduring isolation, bad food, prison fights and being somebody’s bitch for twenty-five to life. If you exhibit good behavior, you might one day see the sun again. But is the system doing you any favors? Is the daily misery of life in the slammer inspiring you to make better, more law abiding choices in the future?

This glass penitentiary in Steiermark, Austria

Really???
Was thinkin it was one of those for profit ones in the states.
Can't believe we spend that kind of money on people that should b in concrete bunkers with no windows!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No mention anywhere of this being a Canadian prison. Looks like it is in Austria.

Last edited:

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to love where our tax dollars go!
Pisses me off as much as the indians that make $400 a day sifting for arrowheads when we trench some lines...Found out today that WE payed out $138,00k to the indians to sift about 500ft of trench....funny thing was we found a skull and bones but it is near the railway tracks and it got tested and burried again without any say which means it probably was a chinese man when they built the railway...

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfu**ing believable. And my disabled father with Muscular Dystrophy who worked his whole life and never once went on EI can't qualify for a CMHC disability grant to renovate his washroom for wheelchair access because the $600/month disability pension he receives puts him over the income threshold?!?!? He lives alone, doesn't rely on a care aid or government health interventions, pays his own mortgage and uses the bathroom at a local Tim Hortons?? Say " FRUSTRATING"...

There are a million places this money could be better spent. On Monday the mill blew up and families lost their husbands and fathers, people lost their jobs and livelihood and the government has promised to "expedite" their EI claims... But criminals have more rights to luxury and comfort than the hard working taxpayers of our communities? Where in the He-double hockey sticks is the justice and humanity in this world? What about debt reduction, improved health care, assistance for families of veterans, crumbling infrastructure or the teachers we "can't afford" to pay??

Maybe my Dad should run down a politician with his motorized wheelchair and see if he can't get himself into a penthouse suite?? Maybe I should???

AGREED!
The Prisions... blame it on organizations called "cival liberites unions" and chit like that WTF... they are killing this country... ok i can understand needing them say 100 year ago when we used kids to clean chimneys but today???? they are out of control...

I feel sorry for the gaurds having to watch these guys.... baby sitting of the worst kind! Jail is time spent to repay society make it HARD time again

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Top Bottom