Luxury Tax on Vehicles and Boats begins Sept 1st

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the carbon tax hits the poorest harder than anyone else, Freeland took a page from Klause Schwab WEF, figuring a way to access our preloaded stimulus money, who needs taxes when they can seize your bank accounts, own nothing and be happier is their moto.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many dealers would play ball with avoiding this tax. Oh the vehicle isn't $150k anymore, it's $100k and the add ons purchased separately are $50k. Would be tough if not impossible if you financed it, but if you pay cash I don't see how there's anything wrong with it.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ultimately the poorest/bottom of the "pyramid" pay for these sort of things anyways...
Lets face it, as Taxes go up people just charge more for what they provide or do...

Its all smoke and mirrors...
How does a luxury tax have any negative impact on the poor? I see it as a direct benefit for the “poor”?

More Ndp/liberal tax the rich crap imo.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take someone in the food chain industry, McCains for example,,,
“ Man we need raises (cost of living) to cover the additional taxes on our yachts and Learjets, better up the cost of frozen fries to cover er”
While I’m sure that’s not exactly the terminology used in the boardroom be confident the result was the same..

How does a luxury tax have any negative impact on the poor? I see it as a direct benefit for the “poor”?

More Ndp/liberal tax the rich crap imo.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI most one tons don't apply to this, vehicle with a GVW over 3,856kg are exempt.

That’s good news. I bought a new truck last year because of this luxury tax. No one had info on it at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10%. Holy fawk, thats some bullchit.

Imagine when inflation hits hard and a Corolla is over 100g 🤣

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10%. Holy fawk, thats some bullchit.

Imagine when inflation hits hard and a Corolla is over 100g 🤣
Bare bones cargo van is $75g and months/year away for delivery.

What is not gonna be 100+.

Hopefully somebody will write it up as a 98k car and 25 k floor mats.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bare bones cargo van is $75g and months/year away for delivery.

What is not gonna be 100+.

Hopefully somebody will write it up as a 98k car and 25 k floor mats.

Yep. Vehicle prices have doubled in the past 10 years or less.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. Vehicle prices have doubled in the past 10 years or less.

No they haven't. A 2013 ram 3500 SLT sticker was $70k, now that same sticker trying to compare same options might be $85k. At this moment with the shortage you're going to pay more then $15k difference, probably more like $20-25k but that's still a far cry from double. The illusion that things have went up way more then they have is all the new options they keep putting on.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya what ever you say, every truck i see is over 100g...

Dealers are for whatever reason going to mostly higher end models for some reason. But the only way to compare what prices have increases is build the same truck from 10 years ago and compare MSRP, and what discount you'd get off it. Just because dealers are bringing it trucks valued at way higher prices doesn't mean the prices went up by that much.

Here's one for 81.5k.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers are for whatever reason going to mostly higher end models for some reason. But the only way to compare what prices have increases is build the same truck from 10 years ago and compare MSRP, and what discount you'd get off it. Just because dealers are bringing it trucks valued at way higher prices doesn't mean the prices went up by that much.

Here's one for 81.5k.

That one will be over 90 by the time it leaves the dealer and its plain jane.

They cost way more now the ten years ago.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Funny same first picture and a few more into the add , different advertisement on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/red-deer/2018-ram-3500-longhorn-diesel-crew-cab/m3832872

Screenshot (137).png

Top Bottom