Your First Car?

BAD ASS

Reaction score
1973Mercury Montego did they come with a 400?Can't remember... bought it with a blown motor for$100.rest of car was mint.Took heads to hi school shop class one at a time on school bus.Put it back together in the driveway. That thing would probly be worth a buck or two today,but I completely destroyed it ...like a lot of young kids do with their first car.
Hello Mike! Ya the Montego was Mercurys model that was similiar to the Gran Torino, but to my knowledge they did not have a "sport" model. I do beleive a 400 M block was an option (351 M and 400 M very similiar) THANKS BAD ASS

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YA, KNOW THOSE CARS WELL... I HAD A TORINO GT WITH A 429, AND MY UNCLE HAD A CYCLONE SPOILER WITH THE 429 BOSS(FORD'S HEMI) AND A 4SPEED.... HE BLEW A LOT OF CLUTCHES, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY. BIG HEAVY CARS WITH LOTS OF "GO"!!!:eek:

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was a 78' passion beige AMC Pacer... Paid 300.00 bucks for it. Had to have a few buddies lift the back of the car to try and do a burn outs in it... Had neck snapping power coming from the 258ci 6cyl. lol

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY COW......I was just a young puddle jumper way back in the day when the police cars still had the "bubbles" on the roof.

Nuckn'Futz

Reaction score
1 & 2. 1975 Dodge 440 police interceptor 6 pack holy - Very fast never lost a high speed chase
3. 1978 Dodge 440 police interceptor - Ft. Nelson Highway patrol special
4 & 5. 1993 Chev Caprice - Dawson Creek Rural

BAD ASS, are you still a fedarelli, and if so, What are you driving now?

BAD ASS

Reaction score
HOLY COW......I was just a young puddle jumper way back in the day when the police cars still had the "bubbles" on the roof.
Hello Crazy Wheeler, well you must be young, compared to me, because my first set of Goverment Racing Cars (GRC) was a 1973 Chev Biscayne with a single red light on the roof. I won"t tell you how old I am. BAD ASS

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
75 Mercedes benz. 4 door 4 speed 4 cyl. Then an 81 chevy 1/2 ton 2wd 350...laid my fair share of rubber with that thing.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hello Crazy Wheeler, well you must be young, compared to me, because my first set of Goverment Racing Cars (GRC) was a 1973 Chev Biscayne with a single red light on the roof. I won"t tell you how old I am. BAD ASS

.....Hey BAD ASS.... I remember when 6 round tail lights on the back of a vet got real big real fast in PG... U remember !!:D

BAD ASS

Reaction score
.....Hey BAD ASS.... I remember when 6 round tail lights on the back of a vet got real big real fast in PG... U remember !!:D

Ya I recall that now that you jogged my memory, but driving that Dodge I had lots of very trips through those windy mountain roads, always with a big smile and heavy foot. Most vehicles that decided to run didn't know how crazy I was!!!!! Never lost a chase in 25+ years, Got a trophy on the basement trophy room wall for that! How is the shop coming? BAD ASS

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah....I'm still young at heart, mid 30's, but there are them days where the body says otherwise.....

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, as someone who has grown up in the car business I have owned more vehicles then I car to count. when i was 16 i worked for a friend of my dad's chrysler dodge jeep dealership and would by all the beaters to fix up and sell. for the year i was 16, i owned 28 vehicles, 3 sleds, 1 jetski (old stand up pile)
and let me tell you, it drove my dad nuts with crap all over the place, we had a second 2 car garage that i pretty much lived in.
now, years later i work as new car manager for stedelbauer chevrolet. I get to order millions of dollars worth of vehicles at a time, and at any time i am responsible for about 500 vehicles weither here or en route. and have always had a problem, at 6 months, no longer want, need new again.

so if anyone looking to take over a lease, take over for what the guy running the place pays!!!

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeremy ,you get to order all those nice looking wheels.But you don't get to play with them.Isn't that like taking a 5yr old to toy r us and just letting them look in the front window...lol:Happy4:
Say hi to Brin for us.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry ,off topic......First car was a 74 Ford 1/2 ton that ate a tank of gas from Bon Accord to St.Albert and back.

Last edited:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it does suck, so many cool vehicles to drive. i do take them home once in awhile.
trailblazer SS with 395 hp has been a recent favorite. and there is two cabalt SS turbo charged on their way so those will be taken home over night.

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first car is a pimped up fully loaded all wheel drive........ wait for it Subaru.
hehe thats right i have a great little car all wheel drive and a good stero 93 legacy wagon and i love it great for the dogs lots of room and a smooth drive.

Top Bottom