Yammy Days in Revy-Calling all turbo 2-strokes

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine the size of the avalanche that would come down that hill. If it is clean from top to bottom, that usually indicates an avalanche path.

Neil aren't some of your best climbs in the 1200 to 1500 vertical neighbourhood?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Neil aren't some of your best climbs in the 1200 to 1500 vertical neighbourhood?
Ya, but they are pretty much all in chutes. Chutes don't worry me because the snow dispurses(sp) when it rolls out of the chute. The hills that scare me are the wide open hills that funnel in to a collection area. :nono:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, but they are pretty much all in chutes. Chutes don't worry me because the snow dispurses(sp) when it rolls out of the chute. The hills that scare me are the wide open hills that funnel in to a collection area. :nono:

Yaah I understand that.....I'am just trying to picture a 7000 to 8000 vertical climb..............unless of course it happens over a 5 mile distance.

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nopics:

7000-8000 ft, just a bit of a stretch, like to see you come down that on a steep hill. Climbed lots of hills that high, climbed all of the way from boulder parking lot to the top of turbo hill. LMFAO!!! Did it without stopping once too. lol

:mountainClimb: :bullrider:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe there is an 7000-8000 vertical climb way in the back somewhere, any one out there who's knows this area may be able to verify, not 100% sure though. I do know you drop from basically the peaks to about 1500' to get into the back area where they use as a heli ski area. Lots of great riding.

Deano un tuck your panties...here's the area and post that everyone is trying to get info on.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh i know dear just trying to keep the feathers ruffled;) Besides im a comando kinda guy LMAO:eek:

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deano un tuck your panties...here's the area and post that everyone is trying to get info on.

Pause this vid on the 4 second mark and look in the background. you can see the back of westridge on the screen. You cannot quite see the bottom, but you can see the top and there are a few pulls back there on those mountain faces that go right from the very bottom to dam near the top. Take a guess at how many vertical feet that would be, it might not be 7000-8000 like I had said (got a little excited), but it is a long ways.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Yaah I understand that.....I'am just trying to picture a 7000 to 8000 vertical climb..............unless of course it happens over a 5 mile distance.
The chute Fuji climbed in TS7 was around 2500 ft I believe, and it looked forever long...so picture that times 3.
Once we try to figure out what Coops is trying to establish with the 4st vs the 2st thing, then we will find a way to figure it out. I think we should take 2 of the strongest sleds and riders and let them each pick 2 lines to make. At this point the rider who picked his line will go first, followed by the second rider and alternate in that order until 4 different lines have been pulled by the 2 sleds. This will test the power, suspension, setup, and rider. It should be obvious at that point what sled works better. Then we will all know.;):d:beer:
This will be followed by many beers at the trailer.:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
......It should be obvious at that point what sled works better in those conditions on that specific day with those riders...
I thought this was supposed to be an uphill drag race between the guys on here that are beaking one another - not a team effort with the "strongest" sleds and riders and neither one representing anyone but themselves and their sled. I heard steep and straight, not running chutes and trees.

Line 'em up, drop the hands and go. Whoever hits the top first or makes it the farthest wins. No "do-overs", no chance to change your setup, etc. Bring your "A" game to the first run because that is all you get.

I was trying hard not to post on this thread but in all reality there are merits to both sleds in different conditions and for different riding styles. The fate of turbo 2S vs turbo 4S will not be solely determined by the outcome of this one time race and I will not feel ashamed for riding what I can afford and what puts a smile on my face, regardless of who wins. I would not expect the 4S guys to feel ashamed either (not that I think they will). I think we should all be glad to just be able to ride. If I could have one of each in the garage I would be polishing them both right now so I could take a friend along to enjoy riding when the sun is shining and the powder is deep.

Rip - Wasn't it you in MM4 who said "there is no 2 stroke - 4 stroke, there's just one fastest sled trophy." (may not be an exact quote:))

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought this was supposed to be an uphill drag race between the guys on here that are beaking one another - not a team effort with the "strongest" sleds and riders and neither one representing anyone but themselves and their sled. I heard steep and straight, not running chutes and trees.

Line 'em up, drop the hands and go. Whoever hits the top first or makes it the farthest wins. No "do-overs", no chance to change your setup, etc. Bring your "A" game to the first run because that is all you get.

I was trying hard not to post on this thread but in all reality there are merits to both sleds in different conditions and for different riding styles. The fate of turbo 2S vs turbo 4S will not be solely determined by the outcome of this one time race and I will not feel ashamed for riding what I can afford and what puts a smile on my face, regardless of who wins. I would not expect the 4S guys to feel ashamed either (not that I think they will). I think we should all be glad to just be able to ride. If I could have one of each in the garage I would be polishing them both right now so I could take a friend along to enjoy riding when the sun is shining and the powder is deep.

Rip - Wasn't it you in MM4 who said "there is no 2 stroke - 4 stroke, there's just one fastest sled trophy." (may not be an exact quote:))

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Your right the thread has gotten a bit out of hand, but its a fun way to kill some time. I could really care less what is the better ride, I ride a 2 stroke TODAY, so that is what I think is right. I guarantee that in both scenarios, race up hill or threadin the needle on some sick line, I will lose either way. That is a fact, but it will be fun to push yourself to the limit and ride with guys who can. I say it know and you can quote me, 4 strokes will remain king of the point and shoot. I will continue riding my 7 turbo, because I can ride it wide open and keep myself out of a bad situation,most times. If I had anything more I would just end up broke or seriously injured, neither of which I am fond of. Since I started this thread I am giving the moderators of this site permission to DELETE IT!!! My intention was to motivate all the talkin 2 stroke guys to come out to revy for some point and shoot fun last year, no one showed, but everyone seems to have an opinion. If someone would like to restart the thread and talk 4 stroke VS. 2 Stoke then should make for a good conversation. latr'

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DELETE IT.......NO WAY.....this thread is informative with a sprinkling of chit and giggles.....Every thing about it is good.
p.s. Great Video Mr.COOPS

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score
Remember opinions are like azz- holes everyone's got em' Just doin a little bench racing before the snow fly's.

Top Bottom